Next to the freeway so easy access to other destination although hotel directions can be a bit hard to follow via GPS. Check-in was slow. Late afternoon and rooms are not even ready. Many families were waiting for kids suite. We were sitting in the lobby waiting for our suite to be ready but were annoyed that two other guests who came in after us were given their suites before us.
Anyway, once we checked into our family suite, we were really impressed with the cleanliness of the room, the king bed and bunk beds and the two TVs. Beds and pillows were soft and comfortable. Plenty of towels provided. Good water pressure in the shower. Size of the kids suite is almost similar to a normal hotel room except that there is a sliding door separating the king bed and bunk beds. Although we were not given a room of our preference ( at time of reservation had requested for a quiet room away from the freeway), thankfully noise from the freeway was minimal. We were given a suite facing the freeway!
Free Wifi in suite was very fast.
Free Breakfast was the typical fare of most hotel chain and it was the same food every morning of our stay. Breakfast room was very crowded at 8.30 so finding table was hard. Because there were so many guests, tables and food counter tops were quite dirty and messy.
This hotel charges for unsecured parking. Therefore, we chose not to park in the hotel because there are plenty of free parking along the road outside the hotel. At check-out, we were charged for parking and when we asked for this to be taken out, the receptionist did not seemed to believe us at first and asked whether we had a rental car. We explained that if we wanted to park inside the hotel, we would have been given a parking pass on check-in to display on dashboard. So this makes me wonder whether the hotel security, if any, ever patrol their car park to check if all vehicles are authorized to be parked there?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's for a family vacation, a romantic getaway or when you're traveling on business, you can’t beat the friendly service and comfortable accommodations offered at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld. This Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award winner offers a convenient location, excellent service and extra amenities, all backed by our Signature Guarantee. -Located on San Diego’s famous Hotel Circle, 5 minutes to SeaWorld, Zoo, Downtown and San Diego’s world-famous beaches -Five minutes from the new Riverwalk Golf Course and Mission and Fashion Valley Malls -Free deluxe breakfast buffet includes an assortment of pastries and muffins, toast, fresh fruit, choice of hot and cold cereals with milk, espresso, coffee, tea and a variety of juices. -Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area Hotel San Diego
- Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area
- Comfort Inn Hotel Zoo
- San Diego Comfort Inn Suites Zoo
- Comfort Inn San Diego Zoo
- Comfort Inn Suite Zoo Sea World