“A hidden gem at an affordable price. Breakfast is excellent.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2485 Hotel Circle Place, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #161 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Dublin
“A hidden gem at an affordable price. Breakfast is excellent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here in mid September. Thought I was off to a bad start when said I couldn,t find my credit card at check in and was told I would not be able to check in (after 7 hour drive with a 2 and 1 year old in car). Wife used her credit card so ok(found mine at end of my bag conveiniently lol). Room good for price and breakfast one of the best I,ve had but found breakfast room abit small for weekend clientle.Good location and 15 mins from Seaworld and 30 mins from Legoland. Paying for parking was abit of a bitter pill to swallow. Doors well protected and safe for couples with young kids, Rickies diner next door also serves up great food for a dinner. Would highly recommend and will stay again. Thanks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Juan A, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that we were able to get you into your room after that long drive so that you could relax. Rickies is a great restaurant for breakfast and I highly recommend it to all!! The hotel is definitely located conveniently close to most major attractions. I hope that we will see your family again soon, Juan Alarid General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is the third time we have stayed here the last being a couple of years ago and we dont think you can get better value for money. There have been a few changes since we were here last - the breakfast is much improved with hot breakfast included now with scrambled eggs and sausages. Loads of choice and it never runs out! The room is spacious and kept spotlessly clean, the staff are very helpfully and courteous and it is an ideal location just a short drive to the beaches and attractions. I would definitely recommend the hotel for good value, good service and overall a most pleasant experience. we will definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: We are overlooking the freeway but there is no noise at all
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Juan A, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I am so glad to see that you chose to come back and visit us once more. The new "Hot Breakfast" is a hit with all of our guests. I encourage you to try our new "Express Breakfast Station" located in the lobby. It is for the "on the go" guest. I will make sure to pass your kind words to all of our staff, every individual strives to make our guests' experience "Legendary". We hope to see you again. Juan Alarid General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here with my 9 year old son and we enjoyed it immensely. This property is not a five star property but it doesn't claim to be. What you do get is very family friendly clean accommodation with very comfy beds. What a bonus free shuttle bus to Sea World and other attractions as well the most amazing FREE breakfast . My son thoroughly enjoyed cooking fresh hot waffles for breakfast every morning. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. A great place for families .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our super comfy beds. The breakfast is truly delicious, my favorite part is our "make your own waffle". Chocolate chip is my favorite. I hope that you guys were able to enjoy SeaWorld and the fun shows. We hope to see you again soon!!!! Juan Alarid General Manager
Templeton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was amazing I thought! We traveled to Sea World with a group of 27 "special" adults and staff. They called us to get an arrival time so they could literally roll out the red carpet treatment for us...red carpet....cookies and punch....our "special" adults were feeling like celebrities. Our entire stay, they took care of our every need....location is the ONLY drawback as there are no convenience stores nearby or anything...but ....they do provide a shuttle service that can be arranged to take you at no charge....The rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable...breakfast was a bit crowded...but well stocked and great variety! Would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone! Thanks again for your excellent customer service....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Juan A, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly delighted that your entire group enjoyed the hotel and that the staff was able to deliver "Legendary" Service. I hope that we will see you again soon at The Comfort Inn and Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area!!! Juan Alarid General Manager
Gold Coast, QLD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a Fri & Sat night the hotel was very busy. Our check in was handled well but we were disappointed with the room - it was very cramped considering we had six in our party and this room was supposed to accommodate this many. After just spending 3 nights at a similar standard of hotel in Anaheim we felt this one left a bit to be desired!
The fold out sofa was a disgrace! It had a throw cover over it hiding a mass of wear and tear on the original fabric. The inner spring mattress was so old it was unable to be slept on as the springs dug into you. I did report this but nothing was done to rectify - I even suggested a fold away stretcher cot but to no avail. The second night we slept on the sofa cushion on the floor!
The basin is in the main part of the bedroom which I find unusual.
The bathroom had a standard size shower over bath and a toilet - absolutely no room for a basin of any description!
The breakfast included was surprisingly good - despite it being crazy busy!!
There was a waffle station, fresh fruit, yoghurt, bagels, toast, muffins, danishes, cereals, juices, cappuccino machine, sausage and eggs. This out did the Anaheim breakfast by far!
If you are in a hurry they have an express breakky in the lobby with coffee pastries and fruit.
The free wifi was also speedy here.
There was a charge for parking but there were some undercover spaces as well as outdoor.
We chose this hotel based on price and location and would recommend to others who aren't expecting a flashy hotel. It was in a good location to sea world and fashion valley mall was only a few mins away to.

• Stayed August 2012
Juan A, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hi GC_Family30 ,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our Hotel. I'm sorry to hear about the furnishings. We do have a limited number of rollaway beds available for guest use and are available on a first come first served basis. I am glad that you did find the rest of the amenities satisfactory. Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time your travels take you to San Diego. I would be more than happy to assist you with your accommodations, or if you have any further questions or concerns.
Mt. Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This Comfort Inn was clean, spacious and so handy to all attractions in San Diego. We were right off the freeway but didn't hear a thing all night. I appreciate their policy of no smoking and no pets. Breakfast on the 4th floor was sumptuous including waffles, eggs, sausages, all kinds of pastries, bagels, juices, cereals, and more. Superb choice for the price. Dinner next door at Hunter Steakhouse was among the best we've had on this 9,000 mile trip we're on. More on that in another revue. Front desk staff are friendly and efficient. I wish they'd waive the $8 parking fee.....but it is what it is. Oh....and I did report a dog someone had smuggled in under a towel on our third floor. Had no qualms about that....as I really like to sleep in beds that have not accomodated pets.

Room Tip: Get to the breakfast area early.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 55ReenieAnne55,
We're glad to hear that we made the San Diego leg of your trip a comfortable and enjoyable stay for you. We appreciate your concern and letting us know about the guests with pets. We hope to see you again here in SD!
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Best choice for the price. Room was comfortable and clean. Have to get up early to beat the feeding frenzy but the kitchen crew kept the food coming. Staff was more that helpful answered all my questions and more. Thanks for the trolley tip. The restaurants they recommended were GREAT. We enjoyed the free shuttle :) they were on time and very professional. Even when people kept us waiting. Yes that is you SAM... Thanks for the wonderful time. !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Juan A, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you Tom for your input. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Sam sends his regards and we look forward to your return visit!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area? Share your experiences!