Stayed at the Comfort Inn on Hotel Circle South (Note, there are three Choice Hotels on Hotel Circle, so make sure you are booking/reading the reviews for the correct property), March 9th through the 12th, 2013. Visited SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo/Balboa Park, Coronado, Valley View Casino Center (formerly the San Diego Sports Arena), Mission Bay, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and La Jolla), great central location for those with a rental car. (Glad to read the recent prior review of someone who had a good experence using the MTS Public Bus system from the Hotel connecting to the San Diego Trolley).
Booked a 1 King Bed, Efficiency (Kitchenette) for the three nights. Recently refurbed, a nice flat screen TV, decent sized room and bathroom. The Kitchenette comes with a stove top, dishes, pots, pans. One drawback was the small fridge.
Grounds are very nice, especially the feel of being next to a park on the south edge of the property. Pool and Hot Tub is a nice large size. The Free Breakfast is the standard Comfort Inn breakfast, Waffles, Eggs, Meat (usually sausage), and all the basics, fruit, bread, juice, yogurt, milk, coffee, etc.. Very good, and the breakfast room is a nice size to handle the large property. Also, Ricky's Coffee Shop is on property if you want a sit-down meal (They offer a full bar, but it closes at 9 PM).
Staff is nice, check out was nice, in fact the GM came out since there was only one person at the front desk, and 2 people were waiting. IMHO, the Check-In person made the processed feel rushed, even though there was no line.
After now staying at all three Choice Hotel Properties on Hotel Circle (I happen to be a Choice Rewards Platinum member), I like them all. They all have a different personality, and wouldn't hesitate to return to any of them, including this Comfort Inn, especially on a longer stay when I would want the Kitchenette.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room, top-to-bottom, is brand new! Located on San Diego's famous Hotel Circle, just five minutes from SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, Old Town, Downtown & Beaches. Family and group friendly amenities include a huge outdoor heated pool, spa and kids wading pool; barbeque grills and picnic tables, poolside and coin-operated guest laundry facilities. Free deluxe breakfast buffet includes an assortment of pastries and muffins, toast, fresh fruit, choice of hot and cold cereals with milk, espresso, coffee, tea and a variety of juices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Portofino Inn San Diego Hotel Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Hotel Circle / Seaworld
- Comfort Inn Circle Seaworld
- Comfort Inn San Diego
- San Diego Comfort Inn