My wife and I visited the Catamaran last February, when it was empty, and got tremendous service from the small Staff. We decided to spend 8 days there in July (20th to 27th) when we knew it would be crowded.
This time, there were some problems. First of all, our "guaranteed" 4pm check in was delayed because the room wasn't ready. So what did the front desk do? Bought us lunch and a few drinks while the room was completed.
Secondly, when we did get up to our room, the bathroom was filty. Tub/Shower and floor were grimy and dirt-covered. What did they do? Came right up, and scrubbed it until it was spotless.
Lastly, a family that was occupying the room above us thought it was fun and cute to spit off of the balcony, throw shoes and food containers, and toss assorted food off of the 12th floor.
What did the Staff do about it? - Security went up, I assume, because the flinging stopped.
So, what am I saying? ---- stuff happens when you're in a jammed family resort. It's the way the Staff handled these problems that gets my praise. No excuses, just action, to make our stay wonderful.
We'll go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego