Hotel is about 1.5 blocks from the beach and located pretty well for the overall San Diego area attractions. Staying up here in Mission Beach I think is a great idea, because it's beautiful and not quite in the middle of too much action and busy city stuff.
The rear of the hotel is right on Mission Bay and "Sail Bay", where you can do water activities like SUP, sailing, etc. I personally didn't get into the water and I would suggest going to the real beach if you want to swim and frolic. There is lots of sand, however, for the kids and there is a long path that goes in both directions that is great for walks, running, Segway riding, etc. By the way, I always thought Segways were pretty silly devices and I admit that I was wrong. Do this with your family/friends, they rent them right at the hotel and teach you. In 5-15 minutes, you'll get comfortable and have a blast.
The grounds are nicely done, everything from the tropical lobby with waterfall to the exotic birds they have outside that you can interact with every day. Service is good, the restaurants have actually pretty decent food (though you really should try some of the great things out there!) and overall the stay was really fun and relaxing.
We had a room in the tower and it was nothing special with good comfort and amenities. The bungalow type buildings are nicer and very comfortable. Overall, a really good property, though I'm hard pressed to hand out a max rating/excellent. Nothing really wrong here, but you have to be pretty special in my book to get an excellent rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego