“Just short of excellent!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save 15% Off Lowest Rates
Ranked #28 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Hull, UK
“Just short of excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The only reason it falls short of excellent are 2 observations, 1 The pool is small for the size of the resort - yes it's on the Bay but it's nice to swim in the pool occasionally, if you can get in. best time is early morning but it doesn't open until 9am, if it opened earlier that would be better. the other gripe is only two small lifts in the Tower - needs more for the number of people moving in and out. Other than that we loved it here, very tranquil setting, good cocktails but pricey, great facilities, great view...the best thing is the free evening cruises across the bay with a bar. Loads to see and do nearby including beach, restaurants,shopping etc. We got upgraded to the Penthouse floor and what a view to wake up to. Loved the ducks waddling through the resort in and out of reception like they owned the place, that was amusing especially mama and her babies. The evening BBQ looked great and the entertainment was also good. Would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view if you want the sun on your balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I recently stayed in paradise at least we felt it was Paradise. We had a terrific room over looking the lush gardens at Catamaran. One of our nights we did their Hawaiin Luau. The food was over the top delicious and the kids loved the cooked pig. The entertainment was "family Friendly" and exciting to watch. Felt as if we had truly escaped to the islands. The hotel is one block from the Pacific ocean and we had various restaurants to walk to as well. Great location and a superb staff. Met Charlotte the Director of Marketing and Melissa at the Luau. They were most accommodating and friend. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have loved all of my experiences at the Catamaran. The rooms are comfortable, the food is delicious and the staff is top notch. My recent trip there was for a Luau on the grass overlooking the bay and I was absolutely amazing. I felt very accommodated. I would love to give special thanks to Melissa Armstrong, Corey Simone, Courtney Guillory, Charlotte Corvi and Amber Kelly.

Room Tip: The rooms with the bay views are beautiful!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My most visit visit began with a phone discussion I had in early Aug. with Melissa Armstrong about whether and if so how the Catamaran could help me host a scientific symposium in May. Shortly after that I received an unexpected treat – an invitation from Courtney Guillory to an upcoming Luau of my choice; and I could bring a guest!. My wife and I selected Aug 20. Our visit began with a meeting with Melissa to discuss contractual issues and the various services the Catamaran could provide to make my symposium not only interesting (that task belongs to the speakers) but also enjoyable and memorable for our attendees. She showed us the space she judged to be most suitable for our purposes (Aviary for talks; Rousseau for posters, catered lunch, etc.) This meeting was very helpful. The Luau was a wonderful treat: Excellent food and entertainment. Courtney, Melissa and other helpers were very attentive. We even met the Manager whose name I don't recall. I was very impressed by how polite and nice everyone was (including the other people at our table). I hope we can afford to hold our meeting at the Catamaran.

Room Tip: Given the nature of our most recent visit, there are several unrated items above for which a "n...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've had the pleasure of spending time at the Catamaran and had the greatest experience with Charlotte Corvi, Director of Sales and Jr. Sales Intern, Tommy Corvi. Both know an enormous amount about the hotel and San Diego. They were so kind, generous and attentive - I felt like I didn't have to lift a finger! The Catamaran is tucked away in Mission Bay and has a beautiful lawn where I had the chance to experience the greatest luau with dancers from Pride of Polynesia. We had such a great time! There is so much to do at the hotel from great food and drink to water sports, spas and meeetings/receptions. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have had nothing but great experiences at The Catamaran Resort, both on a personal and professional level over the last 10 years! Just last night we attended one of their signature Luau's and had a great time! The entertainment was extensive and I would recommend the experience to everyone, especially those visiting San Diego & The Catamaran for the first time. As a local, I have also had the pleasure of utilizing The Catamaran as an all-inclusive venue for several business meetings that included sleeping rooms, ballroom space, smaller meeting rooms and all the food & beverage that goes along with 2 day programs. Whether it is a general session in one of the meeting rooms or a team-building event on their beach front, each experience was memorable for our folks and the staff made it easy to pull it all off without a hitch! Many thanks to Melissa Armstrong and Kim Gaines who again & again have made our experiences with The Catamaran one of a kind!

Room Tip: The suites are roomy.
Hesperia, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been a returning guest for years and there is absolutely no where else in the world I would rather vacation. Although in the season the prices are a little elevated. The details that are made daily are amazing. My all time favorite detail is every morning they grade the sand on the bay side so that yours are always the first footprints to the water. A year ago I was lucky enough to vacation with my son and his family. We were staying in the tower and he had a bay front. I took the kids out on the balcony and called his room and asked him to take my daughter in law by the hand bear foot and walk to the water. As they walked to the water the kids and I waved to them. I was able to take a picture capturing just their footprints in the sand. My son died while serving July 4th 2012. This has become one of our most cherished photographs and memories we have. I just want to thank you for all the little details that may go unnoticed by some. We will continue to make you are #1 choice in loving memory of my Sonshine, PVT Steven Mobley US ARMY

Room Tip: The Garden view is the best value. 214 is perfecto for those with childen. Although I would pick the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!