We stayed here last week as my husband had a conference at this hotel. The one thing that struck me the most was the location. Parking can get expensive in San Diego
(up to $40 a night for some other hotels) , so being at walking distance from restaurants, the Mission Bay and Mission beach did not require us to book a rental car. The front desk staff and concierge were very helpful. Initially we had reserved a standard room near the parking lot. We were not too happy with the view (or the lack of it thereof) so we asked us for an upgrade. They offered us a bay facing room the very next day and charged us only 50% of the regular cost for upgrade. We loved the view from our new room as we could practically walk out to the calm waters and a great atmosphere of kids, family, water sports etc. Although the hotels rooms had a dated look, houeskeeping ensured the rooms were orderly and clean.
They have a bird show and several ducks, fishes in their little botanical garden. Great place to take pictures and relax when you are checking into the hotel.
You can practically take a boardwalk to some awesome restaurants (The Mission restaurant on San Jose Pl was our favourite for brunch). Some recommendations for dinning inlude Joe's Crab shack, World Famous (their Harpoon Combination is to die or), Fat Cat (great Lobster bisque) and Naraya (Thai cuisne).
I would definitely return to this resort! Highly recommend it for a family vacation.
The resort offeres a compliemntary ride aboard their Bahia Belle. It was fun dancing to Michael Jackson's tunes during our 1 hr ride. They have a bar on board as well.
I also worked out twice at the resort's fitness center. I am not to crazy about the spa so I skipped that one. We had breakfast once at Murray's (one of the resorts 2 restaurants). It was fine but the service was a tad bit slow.
All in all a great experience. I would defunitely recommended this for family and business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego