We stayed at this hotel June 8 through the 11th, 2013. It was recommended as a great place for families, however, its a place for loud, obnoxious partygoers. Upon arriving, the grounds were reminiscent of Hawaii (very nice). The pool was well maintained, but once we checked into our rooms we realized that maintenance was lacking. The tub wouldn't hold water, scuff marks all over the walls and corners, toilet needed to be replaced (scratched, worn and peeling), and worst of all...the showers only provided mildly lukewarm water. The first night of our stay, the noise of the parties started around 12:15am (probably after last call at the bar), the screaming, laughing, banging of doors, running around didn't stop until 4am. We called the front desk 2 times but nothing was ever done to stop the noise from our neighbors and their 20+ hotel room guests. They should book families into rooms certain areas so we don't have to hear the loud "middle of the night" partying. My only compliment was that The Atoll restaurant provided great service all 3 times we dined there. Never again, will we stay at this place and we certainly can't recommend it to anyone else. Oh, we mentioned the noise issues and lack of hot water issues for both of our rooms to the front desk, their response was indicative of employees who have "heard these issues before" and were dismissive of our concerns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego