“Just what we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Carol Stream, Illinois, United States
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My daughter & I had a get away and we are glad we stayed here. San Diego is great- the resort is a bit old but has comfy rooms with a kitchen. The landscaping is beautiful & tropical. There are many ponds with beautiful fish, ducks & many ducklings as well as tropical birds. The location is perfect if you want to relax & walk to everything- Pacific Beach 1 block east & the resort on the bay. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013

1,692 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Turkish first
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I spent my 60th birthday at this fantastic resort. My husband, my sons, my daughter- in- law and my girlfriend who was also celebrating her birthday joined me for my birthday celebration. I got three bay front rooms which had great views of mission bay. I loved it. The grounds were beautiful. My girlfriend and I received complimentary fruit and cheese baskets because it was our birthdays. How special is that! Also everyone in our party received a coupon for a free breakfast the following morning. The staff were friendly and very helpful. They made my 60th birthday very memorable. We also had a spa day the following day at their fabulous spa. It was very enjoyable and relaxing. I plan on returning every year to this beautiful resort. Two Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am an avid brunch fan and recently got to try out the Sunday brunch at the Catamaran. The food selection was fantastic, especially if you're a seafood lover! The service and staff at the Atoll restaurant was friendly and attentive, making it a very enjoyable meal.

I have also worked with the Catamaran on multiple occasions for work conferences. Melissa Armstrong, the sales manager, was great to work with and very helpful during my visits. I highly recommend the resort for personal and professional gatherings and cannot thank Melissa enough for all of her assistance!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I run an annual conference and we have used the Catamaran Hotel for several of our conferences. The service has been great and their attention to detail was extraordinary. We had receptions, lunches and breaks scheduled as part of the 3 day conference and the quality of food and the professionalism of their staff was one the best I have seen in the industry. My point of contact was Melissa Armstrong, and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She kept an open communication with me throughout the contract process as well as during the conference. I have worked with her for several years and look forward to our conference at the Catameran this October.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've been directly and indirectly involved in attending events and hosting events at the Catamaran for over 15 years and highly recommend them and their family of hotels (Bahia and Lodge) because they treat you like FAMILY!!!. I've worked with the same staff for years (hint-it must be a great place to work) and they remember your name and treat you like royalty! My 'planning' contact is Melissa Armstrong and I really appreciate that she's been able to help me work out the details of the various events I coordinate. She's attentive to her client's needs and always been treats like I am a special customer. I'm a 'foodie' and love the Sunday Brunch! Nothing like having an event or staying at a location where you feel like you are on a tropical island (a perfect place for a 'stay-cation'!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My parents come to visit a few times a year and I always put them up in hotels by the beach. This time they stayed at the Catamaran and loved it. Melissa Armstrong took fantastic care of them and put them in a great room right by the water. The property is well maintained and relaxing. My folks have already said they would like to stay there again on their next trip.

Room Tip: Its worth the upgrade for the rooms on the lawn.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was our second time staying at the hotel and we had a total of 11 people in our party. We had coordinated a dinner in their private room with catering manager Brian to celebrate our daughter's college graduation. The service, food and atmosphere were all excellent. Fantastic job by Brian, Brad and Denise. Also a great shout out to Alan at the Conceirge Desk! Everyone in our party commented on what a nice place it was to stay and relax!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!