Stayed there for four nights in a bay view double room.
I loved the view from the room and balcony. The balcony deserved, however, more interior than two plastic chairs and a stool. Also the pool and jacuzzi was really nice. Other than that, I would not call this place a resort. Or recommend this place.
It is VERYinefficiently soundproof. You do here people talking with normal voices in the room just wall to wall. We had a spacious room, with a nice bed and TV.
Other than the TV, nothing in the room can have been bought during the last 15 years. The bathroom is probably from 1990. The shower is a disaster, it is in the tub, and tall people has to duck. Also, it was a very weak shower. Not suitable for a "resort" in my opinion.
Some of the staff were really at the wrong place, in the wrong profession. It was 50/50.
Had big problems with the wifi in my room. Called the frontdesk, who gaved me a number to some IT firm. When checking out I was billed for those calls. Hmm.. The wifi works so so from the pool area.
My first day there (and first day in San Diego) i called the front desk and asked if it was ok to drink tap water. Got so silly stupid answers that I had to tell here
1. I am a tourist
2. Since I am a tourst, I don't know what it's like here.
3. I am staying at a hotel
There was an unpleasant smell of old clothes in the restaurant. Maybe that is why I never saw someone eating there except during breakfast hours.
The gym was clean and they have everything you need there.
The gardens are very beautiful and well taken care of. Beautiful plants all over the place.
The cleaning ladies very really cute and did a great job.
Great location if you love to hang out on the beach side and there are lots of good restaurant around, especially on Garnet Avenue.
I would not come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego