Grounds are well done, the birds and the lobby, the restaurant onsite was good. The location and view are great.
We booked a bayview suite at $330 a night. Not cheap. We expected a clean updated room.
What we got was a rundown, dirty room. The carpet was so dirty that white socks turned black in hours, there was sand and dirt in the corners, the tile in the bathroom was chipped and cracked, the sofa was torn, the pull out was all lumpy and the wall paper in the bathroom was held in place by rusty staples. The pull out bed had bugs in it and had to be changed. There was a large spider hanging from the ceiling that my husband walked into. The one time I went to the front desk to ask for help with their wi-fi, the man had the immediate tone that it was my fault, then went on to say about 5 times that their wi-fi was working so it must be my computer. Not a helpful attitude. At check out the lady asked how my stay was, I mentioned the above things to her....she said sorry but never offered a price adjustment or even a meal at the restaurant to compensate. This was a good hotel in the 90's but lack of room renovation at poor attitudes at the hotel have soured their reputation in my eyes. If I don't hear from the hotel I think I will contact my credit card company to see what they can do about a price adjustment.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Hotel
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tradimax, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.