We chose this resort due to many of the ratings on Trip Advisor as well as the price. The campus is very well maintained and right on the bay in a great location. There were pleanty of restaurants and places to go within walking distance (in the Mission Beach/Pacific Beach area).
The room was pretty nice. The beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were clean. They have a window facing the exterior hallway instead of a fan, so you're stuck having to open it after you use it unless you want passers-by to check out your business. It's not brand new by any stretch, but did not have a musty smell like I have encountered elsewhere.
We only used the restaurant for coffee and dessert, so beyond that I cannot speak. We did not use the spa, though there is a charge to use the spa pool and facilities.
Regarding service, when we arrived, we were told that our reservations were not for the dates which we had booked through Travelocity. The person at the counter was quick to point out that it is not ususally their fault, but was going to check anyhow. While I was on the phone with Travelocity, she found out that the snafu was in fact their fault, and we were given our keys. We booked a king room, but were given two doubles. The room we received was on the "back 40" - basically we had to walk around the outside of the resort to get into our room, and go back around to get to the beachfront. They charge $13/day for parking, which seems a little steep considering they only charge $10/day for non-guests.
All in all, it wasn't a terrible place. Like I said, it is a great location. Our activies ended up being downtown, and we probably should have looked at staying there instead. However, we would have missed the quiet atmosphere of Pacific Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego