Location - 5
Gardens, pool, grounds - 5
Rooms - 1
The location of this place is perfect, it is on the lagoon on one side and about 100 yards straight to Pacific beach on the other. The grounds are very tropical with lush palm trees everywhere, parrots and various ducks sharing the gardens. The pool area is very nice too. This gives it a full on 'holiday' feel.
The rooms however haven't seen maintenance since they were built in what must be the 70's, if not earlier. It was quite incredible. The smell of old carpet hangs around, the bed linen had faded over the years and must be 30 years old (like when gold velvet goes smooth and very light yellow and shiny with oil stains!), there were tears in the bed sheets, the lamps didn't work, the kitchenette appliances were rusted and falling apart etc., the list goes on.
It's amazing that for such a great place from the outside view, the rooms were so shabby.
I'm not saying we didn't enjoy our stay, we did but I would give it serious thought about staying there again unless the rooms were modernised, even if only slightly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOT Tip: Like the Catamaran Resort on Face Book and save up to 15% off the best available rates. The Catamaran’s 313 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of our beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo, historic Old Town, and SeaWorld. Whether staying at the Catamaran Resort for pleasure or business, you’ll experience San Diego, one of Southern California’s most exciting cities, in all its fascinating and colorful detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego