“Great place to stay in Old Town San Diego” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #68 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Pico Rivera, California
“Great place to stay in Old Town San Diego”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We love staying at the Hacielnda when in San Diego. It is a great hotel in a great location. We choose to stay in the suites becuase of the roominess, but the do tend to be noisy because the are on street level. The hotel is beautiful and very convienent to all attractions in Old Town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ryanaguinaldo, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me through the hotel if you need personal assistance with your room selection. We appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This Best Western is in the heart of old town. The décor is fun but a little dated; think hacienda style. The rooms are very large and have plantation shutters to add to the ambience of an old style Spanish hacienda. The room was sparkly clean and comfortable. The only thing I didn’t like is that I arrived late and exhausted and there was a long line to check in (at midnight) it was a significant hike to get to my room – as in down a full block and up a hill. Had I not been tired I would not have minded. This hotel is also located close to the Amtrack and commuter station in Old Town.

Room Tip: You may want to ask how far away from reception you room is, and how many flights of stairs will be...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your favorable review. Please accept my apology for the line at check-in. That must have been a fluke as most check-ins occur in the early evening. Nevertheless, we’re sorry if you felt any inconvenience whatsoever. We’re glad to hear the ambiance, cleanliness and location were highlights for you. Please call ahead of your next stay, so we can welcome you back as a returning guest!
island resident
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We booked into this hotel for a planned overnight after a cruise so we could meet up with our nephew and his family. They drove into town and this hotel was perfect for entertaining them and their three children. It is built with multiple stone patio areas with tables and umbrellas, and we walked down a short hill right to the street with shops and restaurants. There is a laundromat at reasonable prices inside as well as a heated pool. The rooms are comfortable and spacious enough. It's design is lovely, however, at first we felt like rats running a maze, because there are several buildings connected by patios and we had several turns to learn to get to our room. All in all, though we enjoyed it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for this review. I enjoyed reading it and am happy everyone in your family was comfortable. Sounds like an enjoyable time was had by all! We hope another occasion brings you back to the Best Western PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town again this year!
Ladera Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I found this place because my step sister had her wedding reception at the hotel restaurant. Although that experience was not ideal (restaurant tried to justify charging $6 for a bottle of Bud Light) the hotel and rooms are fantastic. Clean, decent price and decent-sized rooms. Great shops and restaurants within walking distance and the Metro trolley is right up the street and will take you anywhere in San Diego. We have stayed here every year for the past 4 years while Supercross is in town and we have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us your two thumbs up! We sincerely appreciate the vote of confidence, not to mention suggestion for improved service in the restaurant. If on any future stay you need assistance, please ask for me or our front desk manager Dean. We are here to serve you!
Oceanside, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Walking distance to great Mexican food and fun tourist shopping. Great location to stay if your going to a event at Valley View Casino Center. $10 cab ride. The room it self had great views from every point. the restaurant served a great welcome Margie

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for making the Best Western PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town your home away from home in San Diego! We look forward to welcoming you back (with a margarita)!
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had to stay in a hotel while our building was being fumigated. I chose the Hacienda Hotel because of it location and was very pleased with the hotel. My room was clean, comfortable, and had a great view of the bay and city. The hotel location is perfect for walking around Old Town and it is close to many restaurants, museums, and shops. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting San Diego.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for highlighting our cleanliness, comfort and location in the heart of Old Town as reasons for giving us this excellent rating. We’re glad you had a great stay!
Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The sole reason why the Best Western Plus Hacienda has received 4 stars instead of 5 is due to thin walls.

Walk down the beautifully accented steps towards the pool area. The pool (specifically at night) offers stunning views. The rooms, while not luxury, were comfortable and clean - the beds were plush and with decent sheets. Unfortunately, comfortable beds did not guarantee us good sleep. Our neighbors sat outside our door on the patio til 3am talking. I understand I could have complained, but there was nothing to complain about. They weren't talking loudly - it is just that the walls were so thin that we could hear every word. I am sure this isn't a regular problem, but it did affect my opinion of my stay.

On the plus side: The package I got included parking, welcome drinks, and free breakfast. We parked underneath the building which was really convenient. Additionally, there was plenty of street parking available - albeit on a hill.

We went to the adjoined restaurant - The Old Tequila Factory for our free drink, but because it was late stayed for dinner. My free margarita was pretty good - but importantly free- so no complaints. Food was okay. As an East Coaster I can't comment on true authentic Mexican food, but I know this wasn't it. That being said, portions are generous and nothing tasted bad. As for breakfast, it was disappointing. There are eggs, potatoes, pancakes, a waffle-maker, fruit, coffee, tea - better than an average pastry that is offered. It's worth it if you are in a rush in the morning and want to grab something quickly (particularly if it is free). Although the staff is great, I wouldn't got out of my way to eat there given better options that are close by.

I would love to stay at the Best Western Hacienda again. It is beautiful, clean, and located centrally in Old Town. It is also great deal considering what you get. The only thing I would like is to have quieter neighbors for my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the details of your experience. We appreciate your rating and are ready to earn that 5th star on your next visit. Before you arrive, give us a call so we can be sure to manage your reservation in a personalized manner. I am confident we can find a location that suits your needs perfectly!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town? Share your experiences!