“Geat stay and location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Geat stay and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Perfect place to stay close to Old Town. Great views and price use AAA card. Can walk to town and to shop and eat . Great staff very helpful with info.

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up have the best views
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Lewiston, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here the end of March for MCRD Graduation. We loved the location of the Hotel but the service was awful. Upon arrival (1 hour before check in) we were not allowed to check in early. The front desk was not overly friendly at all. We had to pay over $12 a night for parking and were not allowed to park under our building the first 24 hours. When I called the front desk we were told we could park at any of the other parking structures that were over a block away from our room. My mother had a hard time walking and has to use a cane, this was very inconvenient for us. Therefore we ended up parking on the street (which is free) We parked only one night in the hotel parking lot because we couldn't find a space close enough for my mother any of the other nights we were there (4 in all) We would have had to walk 2 blocks from the other parking structures up hill to our room. After a long day on our feet this wasn't the ideal solution for my elderly mother. The fan in our bathroom was very noisy as well. My parents room when they checked in was missing it's cushions covers and we had to call housekeeping. I also thought I had left behind something in our room after we returned home. I contacted the hotel and was transferred to housekeeping, where I left a message and a number for a return call. It has been 3 days and still haven't recieved a phone call from the hotel. Thankfully I found the item I thought I had misplaced. All in all very dissappointed in the price we paid and the service we recieved from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bedford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The hotel room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is modular over a big site so reception can be a trek. Its close to the old town which is a tourist area, close to some reasonable restaraunts, mainly mexican. The trolley into town and the mall is a 10minute walk at most. The restaraunt/bar is OK but looking a bit tired probably on the list for a revamp. Things close early in this part of town for European tastes, eat early.

Room Tip: The hotel sprawls somewhat. Try to get a room thats off the main routes to and from reception or yo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

Nice location and pet friendly. The beds are not that comfy n the rooms are old and outdated. If you want a good location and do not care too much for comfort. This is the place for you. Service with no smile!

• Stayed March 2012
italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

When we arrived they did not had a room reserved for us, despite our reservation. The mistake was solved soon and we got a nice large room overlooking the old town. They have a shuttle service to the airport and to San Diego downtown. However, the trolley station is very close and remains the best and fastest while cheap way to move around. My only negative remark is about the restaurant, that does not agrees with the quality and the style of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three days. It is a nice hotel in it's price range. The rooms are clean and decorated in western style. The staff was helpful and polite. The hotel is built on a hill and there are lots of plants everywhere. It feels like every room has its own courtyard under the sky. There are also lots of chairs and tables in those courtyards. The hotel also has a small pool and a hot tub. The main attractions around the hotel are: state historical park, heritage park, mormon battalion museum and lots of restaurants and shops.

The only issue we ran into was that: on our last day we asked the hotel to call us a taxi to the airport. When we went down stairs to the lobby the driver quickly took our luggage out while I was checking out. My family also sat in the taxi. When I finally went out something did not feel right. I sat in the taxi and he started driving but did not start the meter. I asked him to do so. At this point he told me that this not a taxi and we need to pay a fixed rate in CASH. It was a difficult situation as this was 6 am and we were already on our way. I also blame myself because I got into the car, although there was no taxi sign on it. When we got to the airport I paid him what he asked for in cash. By the way this was almost double the amount I paid to taxi for getting to the hotel. We did not get the receipt either.

When I got home, I called the hotel and the manager told me that they had called us a car service through a company they have agreement with. The manager I talked to was nice. he apologised and even got the receipt for me.

My only concern is that the hotel should not make decisions on customer's behalf. If the customer asks for a cab, they should call a cab and not a car. Also, if there is nothing fishy then why the driver asked for cash. My initial impression was that this was an illegal taxi, but the manger insisted that it was a car service. What ever it was, I suggest guests to be careful and the hotel to remedy this situation by making it clear to the guests what is being offered.

Other then that the hotel is worth staying for it charm and the old town fun.

Room Tip: If you can walk, ask for a room with a view. If you can't walk too much, ask for a room close to...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The hotel is very nice, but, when you do an online reservation and are bringing a pet, the pet friendly rooms are $20 more than comparable rooms, then they charge you another $20 per night for the pet when you check out. The online site makes you think you are already paying the fee because the room is $139 when the others are $119. In actuality you will be paying $40 more per night for the pet. They should have disclosed this at the beginning. It left a bad taste in my mouth. There are alot of extra fees too. Total cost for 1 traditional 2 queen pet friendly room was $202 per night. Maintenance is slow to respond if you need assistance.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room with a view and top floor if its available.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town? Share your experiences!