We have stayed at the Blue Sea Lodge for the last couple years. The staff are always friendly and if they said they will honor a request, we have been able to count on it ! Be prepared to pay extra for parking but really liked the handy, off street parking in the hotel's basement garage. The rooms are older but very comfortable with an area with a small table and chairs for morning coffee. We really appreciate how clean the rooms are and the maid service is just the best. Always happy to return to our room, beds made, bathroom clean and restocked with plenty of towels. We even had a little kitchen area this time with sink, counter space and storage.( With a Ralph's Grocery right down the street it is really handy to pick up snacks or things we have forgotten to bring) We really enjoy the ocean views and sound of the waves from our balcony facing the pool! Doesn't get much better than walking from our hotel across the pool area and onto the beach! (And really like the security of using our key card to reenter the pool area from the beach) Been awakened by loud talking from the pool area at night a few times but figured it was "Spring Break" and we still like the poolside room location. We enjoy the great restuarants within walking distance, anything from fresh fish, BBQ ribs, pizza, sandwiches, just about anything. We rented bikes just down the street (found prices varied from shop to shop) and enjoyed riding on nice wide sidewalks around the beautiful bay just a couple minutes bike ride from the hotel. Lots of things to do and not enough vacation time to do it all in....Maybe next year.....
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Blue Sea Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Plus Blue Sea Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Stand Out Among Beachfront Hotels in San Diego. The Blue Sea Beach Hotel in San Diego, CA offers more creature comforts than you might expect. Business travelers stay well-connected and on task because we provide telephones with voice mail, data-ports and free high-speed Internet access. Those traveling for leisure will find our San Diego hotel charming and relaxed, but with plenty of just the right amenities to feel pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Loews Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Blue Sea Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.