We have stayed here many times when we visit our kids at Mission Bay. The staff has always been welcoming, the room clean , and although the parking for the rental car seems a bit steep, it feels secure.
on this trip, the desk staff was 'disinterested' at best. The two young ladies seemed reluctant to interrupt their conversation, and looked a the 'wrong computer' at first, putting us down for 2 nights instead of 5. The room wasn't as spotless as on previous occasions. Somehow, it seemed just borderline clean. After we moved and used the towels on the bathroom cabinet shelf, we noticed a thick layer of dust behind them. Ick.
advertising the new 'cafe' in the lobby as 'breakfast and dinner available' is stretching it. The breakfast choice was a EggMcMuffin thing heated in a microwave ( none of the other appliances were working...) and overpriced. My husband and I both came down with the flu, and I wound up picking up something to eat at night ( didn't want to venture out alone after dark). Again, the oven and whatever needed to make stuff listed on the menu was out of commission, so had a cold sandwich. This may be an ok place for coffee, a bagel, roll etc., but shouldn't advertise itself as a place for meals.
the refrigerator didn't work. Almost impossible to get down on the floor to check the control, and couldn't work it, even with a coin. Left a note, not action. Gave up.
When we approached the parking garage, the gate wouldn't open. When I ran into the office to inquire, they 'redid' my key, and said 'try again, if that doesn't work try the other gate, its newer. And if that doesn't work, just park outside'. Hmmmmm. Again, this from another desk person, totally detached,no greeting etc. Either watching something on the computer, or sitting there looking bored.
We did inquire about a discount, as the hotel was not even half full and dropins were given rooms ( on the weekend) for much less than we paid. No such luck.
We did write to the manager upon our return home, and have an apology and a promise of 2 free nights. Haven't seen any of that in form of a voucher or whatever, and not holding our breath. It may be time to start looking around.... we do like the location though. We would like to hear from people who have been at Paradise Island.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Blue Sea Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Plus Blue Sea Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pairing a picturesque location with deluxe accommodations, the Blue Sea Beach Hotel knows a thing or two about vacationing. Whether you are traveling with family or flying solo, you’ll appreciate our easy access to the Strand surfing and sunbathing and an assortment of iconic attractions and activities like the San Diego Zoo and the Gaslamp Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Venere, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Sea Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.