“Outstanding vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Sea Beach Hotel

You added Blue Sea Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Blue Sea Beach Hotel
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   707 Pacific Beach Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Formerly Best Western Blue Sea Lodge) (Mission Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 20% in Pacific Beach
Ranked #22 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“Outstanding vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it is right on the beach. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel is great! The rooms are plenty big and there are refrigerators in the rooms. Location is amazing, right on the beach and walking distance to several restaurants and grocery stores. The best part was the front desk staff, they are AMAZING! Everyone was so friendly and nice. We asked for several recommendations of restaurants and every recommendation was excellent! We would Definately stay here again on our next vacation!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I did a lot of research on hotels for our 1st anniversary we were going to be spending in San Diego. We wanted a hotel directly on the beach (not the bay) that was comfortable and well kept. There are a lot of old beach hotels what were well…let’s just say not well kept. There were some very positive reviews here and some very negative ones. We decided to take the chance and book the hotel and we couldn’t have made a better choice!

The lobby was clean and welcoming and they have fresh cookies and lemon water available. It was a little busy checking in but the two girls were handling it very well. When we booked the hotel we booked a king with a partial ocean view. When we checked in we were given an upgrade to a full ocean view which was a total surprise!!!The hotel is literally right on the ocean. Hotel, sidewalk, beach. It took about 35 seconds to get from our room on the third floor to the sand. We were in room 362 and the room was just what we were looking for. Not very luxurious and did show some age but honestly it had a world class view and a nice comfy bed. Waking up and seeing the dolphins playing in the surf was awesome! Who cares if the wallpaper is peeling a little because of the ocean air or if the patio door had a couple of rust spots. It was clean and didn’t have an odor or wet carpets like some other complained about.

There is a $17 parking charge but honestly I can’t even remember the last time I wasn’t charged a parking fee at a hotel. You are able to park in the secure parking garage for the price or risk being on the street or public parking and coming back late and not having a spot. It was worth it for us. There is a small little café in the lobby and there are a few local restaurants that will deliver to your room and the menus were provided for you.

This hotel was perfect for our anniversary and very close to most of the San Diego attractions. Pacific Beach is a wonderful area of San Diego and don't hesitate when thinking about booking this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Choose one of the south side of the hotel or with an ocean view on the third floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the last 3 days of a two week vacation down the coast from San Francisco. It was a great way to end our trip! The location, right on the beach, cannot be beat! It is safe, clean and convenient to everything San Diego has to offer The room had everything we needed, parking was quite safe and believe me it isn't easy to find parking that close to the beach. The front desk could not have been more helpful! The pool area was beautifully maintained. We will be recommending this hotel to other friends!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

After 10 years away from Blue Sea Lodge, my family and I booked again and stayed October 16-18; we found our experience with the property even better than we remembered. The hotel is very well managed and maintained, almost spotlessly clean and has the most helpful and friendly front desk staff. Our ocean-facing 3rd floor suite was spacious, well-appointed (loved the extra pillows and blankets) and quiet. We also liked the convenience of having shops and restaurants near by, with the covered and enclosed garage providing a safe place for us to leave our vehicle in. We will definitely return to the Blue Sea Lodge during our next trip to San Diego. Chris, Joann and Alexandra M.- Las Vegas, NV

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors Ocean facing suites (or rooms) are best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel is definitely not a high end hotel, it is quite simple but spacious and clean and everyone working there was super friendly.
Best thing about it is without doubt the location: Right on the beach!
Highly recommended even though I find it a bit pricey...

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the beach and away from the main road as it can get a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Best Western Blue Sea Lodge and as always it was a most enjoyable experience. I have stayed here on numerous occasions over the past 10 years and I have never been disappointed. The location is perfect, the view is breathtaking, the rooms are clean and well maintained, and the staff is friendly. I tend to go to San Diego during off-peak season - otherwise the rooms are too expensive for my budget. However this is the only place I stay when the beach is my destination.

Room Tip: A room with a partial ocean view on the second or third floor allows you the privacy to leave the pa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my 4th stay at Blue Sea Lodge and was better than the previous 3 times - and those times were great. As I arrived early I had to wait for my room, no problem had lunch at World Famous across the street and I can say no need of an excuse to dine there it is awesome. As I was patient and waited for my room I got upgraded to Ocean Front room on floor 3. Clean room, plenty of space, inviting and so meditating to listen to the ocean to go to sleep.
Location is the key with this hotel jump and only hop and you are on the sands of Pacific Beach.
My balcony had views all the way to mission Beach and the other direction the Pier and beyond.
Pool area not huge always inviting to lounge about relax watch the passing parade along the promenade. Suggestion bigger pool towels please.
Fantastic stay as always thank you to each of the staff who were helpful with all my queries and transport needs.

Room Tip: Always always book reserve request the front building NEVER THE BACK BUILDING TOO CLOSE TO THE CAR...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Blue Sea Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!