My husband and I did a lot of research on hotels for our 1st anniversary we were going to be spending in San Diego. We wanted a hotel directly on the beach (not the bay) that was comfortable and well kept. There are a lot of old beach hotels what were well…let’s just say not well kept. There were some very positive reviews here and some very negative ones. We decided to take the chance and book the hotel and we couldn’t have made a better choice!
The lobby was clean and welcoming and they have fresh cookies and lemon water available. It was a little busy checking in but the two girls were handling it very well. When we booked the hotel we booked a king with a partial ocean view. When we checked in we were given an upgrade to a full ocean view which was a total surprise!!!The hotel is literally right on the ocean. Hotel, sidewalk, beach. It took about 35 seconds to get from our room on the third floor to the sand. We were in room 362 and the room was just what we were looking for. Not very luxurious and did show some age but honestly it had a world class view and a nice comfy bed. Waking up and seeing the dolphins playing in the surf was awesome! Who cares if the wallpaper is peeling a little because of the ocean air or if the patio door had a couple of rust spots. It was clean and didn’t have an odor or wet carpets like some other complained about.
There is a $17 parking charge but honestly I can’t even remember the last time I wasn’t charged a parking fee at a hotel. You are able to park in the secure parking garage for the price or risk being on the street or public parking and coming back late and not having a spot. It was worth it for us. There is a small little café in the lobby and there are a few local restaurants that will deliver to your room and the menus were provided for you.
This hotel was perfect for our anniversary and very close to most of the San Diego attractions. Pacific Beach is a wonderful area of San Diego and don't hesitate when thinking about booking this hotel!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Blue Sea Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Plus Blue Sea Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Stand Out Among Beachfront Hotels in San Diego. The Blue Sea Beach Hotel in San Diego, CA offers more creature comforts than you might expect. Business travelers stay well-connected and on task because we provide telephones with voice mail, data-ports and free high-speed Internet access. Those traveling for leisure will find our San Diego hotel charming and relaxed, but with plenty of just the right amenities to feel pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Loews Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Blue Sea Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.