Prior to our flight out of San Diego we stayed at another almost twice as expense hotel. My wife suggested that when we returned we stay at a Best Western as we have usually had a good experience with them at a much reduced price plus the membership and other money saving features are great. We checked into the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn and frankly were surprised on how nice it was as a reasonable price. Very clean entrance, plenty of parking, shuttle service and from the airport, train station, etc., breakfast included, dinner discounted 15% in their comfortable restaurant. A great complete menu and excellent service! Our room was on the 8th floor ocean view so we could see the bay and the square rigger Star of India along side the dock. Would recommend you get at least a 4th floor but higher is better. We had two queen sized beds which were very comfortable. An approximately 40" flat screen tv, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, ironing board and iron, hair drier, nice bathroom and fixtures. A small but usable balcony, internet service, desk and two chairs, closet, etc. ATM in lobby. Ice machines on 3rd, 6th 9th & 12th floor. Vending machines in lobby. Late check-out service up to 4 PM which on top of a 12 o'clock usual check out time is fantastic for travelers! The smoking rooms are all on the 4th floor which made us happy. In other words at a very reasonable price one gets a lot of appreciated features. Apparently people from around the world have found it as we met a lot of people from Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc. It is just a few blocks from the water front and from the train station and about a mile from the airport so walking is practical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown San Diego, at the south end of the Little Italy the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is a convenient location for leisure or business travel. We have 122 rooms, all with Balconies and many with views of the San Diego Big Bay or Downtown Skyline. Amenities include a Restaurant serving complimentary breakfast daily and dinner Monday thru Friday. Our Lounge is open daily, Monday to Friday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. Room Service is available. We have an outdoor heated pook and whirlpool, FREE WI-FI in rooms, pool area, lobby and restaurant for you to stay connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western