We arrived here after an 11hr flight, and then a 2 hr drive from LA. It was a relief to find that a) the parking was SO easy and convenient - and b) the check-in was easy, friendly, and quick.
The room (9th floor) was easily accessible by the elevators (2) and was comfortable and a good size. There WAS a damp patch on the carpet, but this had dried by the next day - so I'm presuming that this was an unfortunate leak - and not a regular feature!
Why we would stay here again...
1- Location. Only a five minute walk from the harbor front. We had a 'bay view' room, and you could just about see the water - but considering the price of a 'full view' hotel, we were happy with that! Also only a five minute walk to Santa Fe tram station.
2 - Nearby amenities. Five minute walk to harbor front sites. Twenty minute walk to USS Midway.
7-11 store a block away. NICE Italian restaurant ("Petrini's") literally over the road.
3 - Parking. EXCELLENT.
4 - Hotel appearance was really nice, with plenty of newspapers in lobby, along with nice meeting area sofas.
5 - The swimming pool looked well maintained - but as it was raining, we didn't try it out!
6 - The room had a SAFE. WooHoo! A REAL plus for us!
7 - The balcony was a really nice 'plus' for us. We left the doors open all night, and listened to the 'ting-ting' sound of the tram bell. Very comforting - if you don't mind a little bit of ambient city noise (which we really like).
8 - The Breakfast. This was a really nice surprise! For the price, we didn't have high expectations, but were totally blown away by the range of hot and cold items on offer. Even miso and rice for their Asian customers. Don't skip this. It will set you up for the day.
The only downside we encountered was a faulty hairdryer, which 'rattled'. As we were only there for the two nights, we didn't complain, but informed the receptionist on check-out. The receptionist was very apologetic, wrote an official 'repair' notice, and checked us out as quickly and efficiently as she had checked us in. All with a smile :)
All in all - this was good value for money, and would not hesitate to stay here again, or recommend it to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown San Diego, at the south end of the Little Italy the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is a convenient location for leisure or business travel. We have 122 rooms, all with Balconies and many with views of the San Diego Big Bay or Downtown Skyline. Amenities include a Restaurant serving complimentary breakfast daily and dinner Monday thru Friday. Our Lounge is open daily, Monday to Friday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. Room Service is available. We have an outdoor heated pook and whirlpool, FREE WI-FI in rooms, pool area, lobby and restaurant for you to stay connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western