“Exceptional service and value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown

You added Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   719 Ash St, San Diego, CA 92101-3213 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown)   |
Ranked #156 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Baltimore, Maryland
“Exceptional service and value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by Erica when we checked in who was extremely helpful. She gave wonderful suggestions on restaurants/bars to visit and made sure that our stay at the Red Roof Inn was perfect. She made us feel at home during our stay!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The young lady at the front desk, Erica, was extremely friendly and helpful! She recommended some places for us to check out in the area! We were able to check out a couple of her recommendations, which were awesome! I really appreciate her help and service, and going above and beyond to help me, and my friends as well. We all had a great stay at this location! Thanks again, Erica! You were a great help!

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've stayed at RedRoof INN for 3 nights and it was a pleasant stay.
I was welcomed very nicely by Erica at the reception. She was very helpful giving my all info I needed and also calling for taxis for me.

The room was quite big and clean and hotel's location was nice in downtown (was easy for me to walk from one place to another in downtown). It was something like $16 by taxi from the airport.

There's a nice coffee shop in front of the hotel which I recommend.
This hotel worth the price spent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 3 nights. Upon arrival we discovered the fridge was missing from our room and the bathroom tap was very hard to turn on. The staff were quick to help with a fridge delivered to our room which was great. However as we got further into our stay we noticed a lot more problems with the room such as poor plumbing, large paint chips and no sign of housekeeping even after we asked them to stop by. The staff in the lobby were very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. Not sure if we would stay again but it's a great central location if you want to check out the Gaslamp Quarter or catch the trolley a few streets away.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The bed was like a futon, very uncomfortable. The shower / mini tub combo was as small as my RV shower. The elevator was extremely slow. We could hear the occupants of the adjoining rooms clearly. Sorry for them, they had to listen to me snore all night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My friend and I were looking for a cheap, centrally located hotel in San Diego, where we could basically get a good night's rest and park our car safely after taking a late flight in--and before traveling to Palm Springs. This Red Roof exceeded my expectations as far as budget hotels go. It was very central to both the Gaslamp District and Balboa Park (we walked to the Gaslamp, but ended up driving to Balboa Park because of its uphill location). Our room was very modern and clean, which pleasantly surprised me, and the hotel was very quiet, despite being located in downtown San Diego. I also felt very safe here the entire time. We accidentally drove to the Mission Bay Drive location first, which I may add, seemed like was in the middle of nowhere and not too safe--judging by the glass divider at the front desk counter between the staff and customer. The girl at this front desk was helpful, and the free breakfast was a nice added touch. Parking, which was around the corner in a gated garage, was $16, which I found a little steep, although we were in a big city.

Overall, great stay. I would recommend staying here if you need a central place to sleep, and aren't looking for much more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed only for a night but received extraordinary service from everyone but in particular Erica at the check in counter!

This lady provided service in scheduling my shuttle and assuring my departure by air the next day, when I was in no condition to help myself. I had just arrived after a long cruise at the cruise port. Enterprise Car Rental was so incredibly screwed up that I was seriously inconvenienced and she took it upon herself to straighten out my connections from the hotel early the next morning, arranging an early connection to the airport.

You have no idea how calming it was to receive that type of service when I appeared on the scene with three pieces of luggage that I could barely manage by myself.

Everything was perfect in the room as far a functionality and cleanliness as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown? Share your experiences!