“Excellent! Why no 5 star reviews?!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent! Why no 5 star reviews?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Consistently good food served by the absolutely nicest staff. There isn't much to the restaurant, just about 10 tables, a simple clean bathroom, and great Greek food served hot and fresh! My fiance always ordered the Greek salad with huge blocks of feta cheese, and I always ordered their chicken sandwich and french fries. A great value, too. For a while we would meet here for lunch maybe once a week. It's just too bad we can't transplant this wonderful cafe across the country...

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Diego
“Been coming for over 15 years -- still tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I came with my family. We ordered 3 different Greek platters (comes with salad (or) soup) and pilaf (or) potatoes. We also ordered a tuna melt and a triple-pound cheese burger (with fries) to go. Essentially 5 orders, which totaled $43.

When I ordered, I asked the waitress if the Cafe was run by the same owners as 15 years ago, and she said, "Yes" (with a knowing smile).

The Greek platters were delicious. You eat and eat and never want the food to disappear. And it doesn't. Portions are satisfying. My son enjoyed his tuna melt, he took a bite and said, "This is good!"

I ordered the cheese burger to go, because when I ate my first one back in the 1990s, I remember thinking, "This is what burgers used to taste like."

We were too stuffed to order desserts, but they are made by the owner's wife. I'm sure they're memorable as well.

It's 5 minutes away from Balboa Park. But it's generally frequented by the locals, in a accessible location in North Park.

I've only eaten at 4 Middle Eastern restaurants in San Diego, but this is my favorite. Yesterday, I went to a "Greek" restaurant in the South Bay to save on mileage, but I wish I'd gone to Olympic Cafe. Lesson learned.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food, GREAT value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I have been going to the Olympic for years. The food is always very good and, the prices, while they have gone up, are still super reasonable. The wait staff is wonderful and efficient. An added bonus is the good selection of delicious sweet treats made by the proprietor. The cafe is nothing fancy, but you really can't go wrong here.

Visited March 2011
San Diego, California
“Basic Home-style Greek Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I eat here several times a year. The lamb shank is my usual choice for lunch. It is tender and tasty. The sauce is not overpowering, allowing the flavor of the lamb to come through nicely. The meal includes rice and a good sized salad all on the same plate. The moussaka is also tasty. The spanakopita is not as crisp as I like, but everyone has their own preferences. The decor is basic, but since I'm here for the food, it doesn't bother me and it won't bother you either unless you're trying to impress a date. Athens Market is nicer and has better food, but then you'll also pay considerably more for the location and decor. Depends on what your aiming for. Both beat Daphne's hands down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great greasy spoon breakfast!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

Great greasy spoon breakfast!