“Our home away from home after a catastrophe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch

You added Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11002 Rancho Carmel Drive, San Diego, CA 92128   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Orange County, California
“Our home away from home after a catastrophe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We were re locating to California after a tornado just about ravaged our lovely mid west home. I for one was extremely home sick, but the staff, homey amenities (such as a full kitchen, multiple rooms, and plenty of room on the grounds) and lovely weather helped ease my pain. I loved the hot tub, close shops and tennis option. It also has a mini-dog park/dog run on site for the animals we transported with us. We became just like family around there (they welcome others displaced out of their homes for any number of reasons,) and everyone from the front desk folks to our best friends we made in the dining room and maid staff embraced us with compassionate open arms. Thank God for all of you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Tiff M,

So many of our long-term stay guests think of our staff and the other guests they meet as family by the end of their stay. It sounds like you had the same experience.

Welcome to San Diego, I think you and your family will be very happy here and you don't have to worry about Tornadoes anymore.

Thank you for sharing your comments.

Greg Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

You won't find a better place to stay than this Residence Inn. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast has everything you could want to eat and we really enjoyed the delicious BBQ they served on a night we were there. The pool is sparkling and the kids enjoyed the basketball court. Everyone is so friendly, make sure you say hello to Hetal after Theresa checks you in. We won't stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Janet U,

I see you got know a couple of our employees and experienced the amazing service we provide everyday to our guests.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our evening BBQ and the sport court.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Excellent facility. Kind and accomodating staff always helpful and responsive to customer needs. Great location, comfortable rooms which is important to the business traveler. No complaints I have absolutely no reason to stay anywhere else. Thanks Hetal for your continuous outstanding leadership at this facility.

Bob U,

Thank you so much for your strong endorsement of our hotel.

We are very proud of our staff and our property and I'm so glad to hear you feel it's your home away from home.

Thanks again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I greatly enjoyed my stay here. The location is outstanding and the people are top notch. In particular, Theresa is one of the nicest hospitality representatives I have encountered, and she made me feel very welcome and appreciated for choosing their establishment. When on business travel, I usually like to check in quickly but this time I found myself chatting about my family vacation to Hawaii a few weeks back and headed up to my room with a big smile on my face. That was the direct result of exceptional hospitality, and I will be back. Also worth noting is that the complimentary happy hour includes a very fine ale that I have not seen offered at any other RI. Well done!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
robert S,

Yes, Theresa is an outstanding associate and we are very lucky to have her and the rest of our staff represent our hotel. We get so many great compliments about everyone at our Front Desk and Gatehouse, it really makes my job a lot easier.

I love that ale as well, it's one of my favorites. We actually buy it from a local brewery as we try and incorporate some local offerings in our evening social. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you and we look forward to hosting you the next time you're in San Diego.

Siincerely,

Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I asked my company to change my reservation at a previous hotel to be moved to this hotel. Even though this hotel was 15 minutes further out than the previous hotel, I didn't care! I'm usually very happy to stay in Residence Inns...this one did not disappoint!!! Room was very clean and modern, good television channels (yes, that matters! HAHA!!) The surrounding area was great also! I actually use the kitchen at Residence Inns, so I was very happy to find a Sprouts grocery store across the street. There are also MANY restaurants around in walking distance! The front desk staff also provided a list of places to eat/shop/have fun at in the area. I also thought that was a plus! You don't have to Google it, it's already done for you. The staff was really nice, breakfast was great, rooms cleaned well daily. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
N_The_Air,

Thank you for insisting your company move you from your original hotel to our property. It sounds like even though we are a little further away, our property is well worth the extra few minutes in commute.

I couldn't agree more, our location is absolutely perfect with several restaurants, shops and grocery stores right within walking distance.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Location was very convenient to the Wild Animal Park. Room was comfortable. Breakfast was energizing. Staff was very attentive. Breakfast crew very efficient at keeping food out. Simple check in and check out.

Room Tip: Elevator toward the main lobby.
Green Features: Promoted green handling of linens and very resource friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Randell G,

I have never been to the Safari Park but it's on my list of things to do, especially since it's so conveniently locate to our hotel.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and all of its amenities.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Thank you.

Morgan Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to Dhel for all of her gracious help! She was great & helped us a number of times! Good kitchen staff too. Had a great stay & will definitely return! Can't wait to come back. Nice rooms, great pool, good grocery & other stores nearby. Convenient! Great!

• Stayed August 2014
GRT 88,

Thank you for your very kind words about Dhel and the rest of our staff. It's such a pleasure to come to work everyday and work with these associates and to meet guests such as yourself.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Thanks again.

Greg Schmidt

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch

Address: 11002 Rancho Carmel Drive, San Diego, CA 92128
Location: United States > California > San Diego
#29 Business Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch Hotel San Diego
San Diego Residence Inn

If you own or manage Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.