Save Saved
You added Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #7 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Portland, Oregon
“I liked it a lot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Really nothing to fault. Better values can be found, but not that often an the value is quite good just the same. Great suite, to bad I only stayed one night. If I had a 2 week or longer stay I be delighted to stay here. Gas station and strip mall with a grocery store right next to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
randyabr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We too wish you could have stayed with us for two weeks. With all of the amenities we provide, we truly are a "home away from home" for our guests.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you find yourself in San Diego.

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I am in San Diego for 4 weeks on business from South Africa and when looking online for hotels was overwhelmed with the choice. I chose this Marriott Residence in as it seemed like a convenient location and the rooms seemed to be a decent size. I only booked a 1 week stay just in case but today extended for the full 4 weeks.

The hotel is GREAT. From very friendly and efficient staff at reception to the position of the hotel, I am very happy to stay here. The rooms are all suites, so you get a kitchen, lounge area and 1 or 2 bedrooms depending on suite size. The hotel includes a free breakfast and free parking to all guests which is a bonus. The free internet and WIFI works very well and there is an upgrade option for a faster connection although I have not needed it. The free Wifi works fine to stream Netflix and use remote desktop back home.

The room is very clean with linens being changed twice a week, and they even gave the carpets a thorough cleaning while I was there which makes the whole room feel fresh and clean.

Staff are always friendly and Theresa from reception was brilliant at resolving the problem my travel agent back home created with multiple reservations for my stay.

Location wise, there are 4 strip malls around the area with plenty of restaurants for suppers, Sprouts for pre-made food to take back to the hotel for suppers and many other retail stores. There are also a few full sized shopping centers 5 minutes away. San Diego Downtown is a 30 minute drive, but the hotel is located right near I15 so very accessible if you need to travel.

All in all a great experience and I would recommend this as a hotel for business travelers, vacation travelers and families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dale G,

I'm so glad to hear that you have extended your stay with us to the full 4 weeks.

It sounds like the team has taken very good care of you and I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa.

If there's anything you need over the next month, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Jenks, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've stayed at this Residence Inn twice, and the staff are always very attentive to our needs, very accommodating. I didn't give it five stars because the beds are uncomfortable--need updating. Other than that, it's clean, and they try to meet all requests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
DeEtte D,

Thank you so much for being a repeat guest at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mounain Ranch.

I'm looking forward to your next stay with us so that you can expeince our new beds. Yes, we are in the process of replacing all mattresses and boxsprings. We are a 124 room hotel and we have already replaced 20 mattresses. Hopefully the next time you are with us we will earn the full 5 stars.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Nice clean room/suite with kitchenette. Breakfast buffet with many selections and dinner on select nights. Laundromat on site. There is also a pool, tennis/basketball court, a small dog park, and a couple of bbq areas. The ground are maintained nicely. Very close to gas, restaurants, supermarket, and movie theater (all within walking distance). Appreciated the bar on the sliding glass door and window locks for added security, as break ins while sleeping in hotels is always a concern for me.
My stay was business related and this hotel was in close proximity to the facility I was visiting. When I asked for walking directions I was offered a ride to and from the facility. This is a service they provide to business customers visiting nearby businesses.
Theresa, and the day manager whose name escapes me now, and the rest of the desk staff were all wonderful and helped make my stay very pleasant. I will stay again for future trips.

• Stayed May 2014
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Tory66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad you thoroughly enjoyed all of amenities we offer at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Montain Ranch. Our guests love the complimentary full breakfast, evening hospitalit, high speed internet and parking.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel experience was overall felt like home. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. Serving free breakfast and free wifi was very thoughtful and kind. The front desk worker, Theresa, was very helpful.

karen-padaong,

Well, it looks like we succeeded. We strive to make all of our guests feel like they are at home and I'm so happy to hear that this came through.

I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa and our entire team.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

It's very clean and I would recommend this place to everyone who's staying for a visit in San Diego. I like how everyone is very nice and pleasant to me. Everything is just so wonderful. The workers are very nice. They have really good service. They actually take care of the guest which is a bonus. Overall it's a very nice place to stay.

Kathleenalejo,

Thank you so much for sharing your very kind comments on TripAdvisor.

Our team takes great pride in providing truly exceptions service to all of our guests and oiur housekeeping team is very proud of the cleanliness of our hotel.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

kcearl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

As we had a newborn baby we called before we booked to ensure they had a no smoking policy, and we were told that there was no smoking on their property as was the general rule for all marriot properties in north america. Once we got ther at 10pm after an 11 hr flight we found out that this did not include communal areas. This meant there were people smoking outside of the entrances. In fact our first room had neighbours smoking on their balcony. It was too late to move hotels but after looking at another two rooms we took one with no balcony.

The walk to breakfast had people smoking on the ground floor balcony, I complained and it was dealt with, the were smoking again later that day. The guy in the apartment beneath us started smoking next to our air con unit, luckily we!d shut ours off. I complained again so he smoked next to our car instead. There were cigarette butts all over the property.

I dont think smoking should be banned, people should have the right to do what they want to do, but not at the expense of others...and hotels should enforce these rules and not mislead. Only around 14% of adults smoke in California yet us non smokers are at their mercy when we travel away from hone. Hotels need to sort this out.

Room Tip: If youve got kids then the outlying buildings are generally quieter. Breakfast can be busy but its a...
Green Features: Cigarette butts everywhere are jot environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
kcearl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I can certainly appreciate your concern around smoke and the desire to not be around it, especailly with a newborn. I too am a non-smoker and am very sensitive to it when it's around me.

As you stated, Marriott properties are all non-smoking in North America but according to California law, we are required to provide a smoking area for all of our smoking guests. This smoking area cannot be within 50 ft of a public entrance which from your description sounds like it was adhered to. From what you described, there was no smoking taking place within the guest room or any public space and I'm glad to hear that our staff did take care of the issues that came up while you were with us.

Unfortunately, people do still smoke and we work very hard to ensure we can minimize the inconvenience to our non-smoking guests.

Thanks again.

Greg Schmidt

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch

Address: 11002 Rancho Carmel Drive, San Diego, CA 92128
Location: United States > California > San Diego
#30 Business Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch Hotel San Diego
San Diego Residence Inn

If you own or manage Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.