You added Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #5 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“comfortable suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

i stayed here for 3 days on my recent business trip and found the hotel meeting all my expectations .clean spacious rooms with quiet and decent free breakfast .
only complaint was that the lift to my room was not working which i was not informed at checkin and i ended up lugging my luggage and hurting my fragile back . They do seem to have a handout which i did not notice . while checking out though i informed the frontdesk and they sent a person to help with my luggage . I also wish the breakfast crockery was not the flimsy plastic ones but they had regular non disposable cutlery options .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Shankar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel accommodations and great amenities that we offer.

I am sorry that our staff didn't inform you about the elevator modernization we conducted during your stay but I am glad to hear that our team did assis you with your luggage at check-out. I hope your back is better.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch.

Greg Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The employees at this Marriotte Residence Inn were absolutely the friendliest and most helpful people that we have had the pleasure to do business with. Shirley made sure that we had everything we needed for seeing the local sights. She even made a pot of coffee for us. Angelina was so nice to my son, who came to see us at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch.

I couldn't agree with you more, we have the best associates at this hotel and I'm so proud to work with them every day. I will be sure to share your comments with both Shirley and Angelina.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back here soon.

General Manageer
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I've been living in hotels for six months due to losing my home in a natural disaster, and I couldn't be happier with my stay here. We looked at newer properties, but ultimately chose this one because of its homey feel and onsite dog park. The staff is very attentive and thoughtful and made sure that we got a room that has a sliding door that backs out onto a fenced area, so it is almost like having a yard for the dogs again. EVERYTHING you could possibly want in terms of shopping, food and services is SO close to this hotel -- within a few blocks. The staff is warm and accommodating and they really make you feel like you can relax and feel at home. They are immediately on top of anything that needs fixing, and are happy to bring you whatever you need. Plus, some other extended-stay hotels provide chips and dip for the Managers Reception. Here you get a full, hot meal with several items and on Wednesdays the staff BBQs chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers with a full picnic fare. The hot breakfast every morning is very complete with several choices. It's a stunningly beautiful place where you are surrounded by people who care. What's not to love?

Room Tip: The quietest part of the property is on the W side, facing a subdivision. No traffic and very peacef...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Margo,

It's been so great having you stay with us, we really enjoy seeing you both each day. I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay and that our staff is taking such great care of you all.

Also, thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, it really means a lot to us.

I'll see you Wednesday at the BBQ.

General Manager.
Rancho Bernardo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great hotel! I've stayed here at least 30 times in the past 3 years, and it is always a good experience. This hotel is close to many restaurants, as well as good fast food places. The staff is very friendly and responsive, the hotel is always clean and well kept, and any little issues I've had have been immediately resolved. The breakfast is very good, and the food staff works very hard and are very nice.

As a bonus, Rancho Bernardo is a wonderful community that is close to everything important in San Diego.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hello Eric,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo and thank you for your kind words.

I completely agree with you, we have an amazing staff here at the Residence Inn and our location couldn't be better.

Thirty stays in 3 years? You've been here longer than I have.

La Habra, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been a part of the Residence Inn family for over 3 years. I consider myself family because this is truly my home away from home. The staff here is fabulous. Hetal always does a great job of making sure all of my requests are met. Ellana does a great job making sure my room is always clean, along with her staff. Janice, Angelia, Del, Callie, Shirley and Kelly ( who is no longer with us and is missed :(, but has moved on to another adventure. I told you this was my family. Jaime is great, always has a smile on his face and willing to help anytime. I could not imagine staying anywhere else anytime I am in San Diego. The friendly atmosphere and staff make this hotel so welcoming. Enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: Building 1 is great, Quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi Mina,

Well you know we think of you as family as well and thank you for taking the time to share your very kind comments on TripAdvisor.

I know I've only known you and your husband for about 6 months now but we truly enjoy seeing you both here at our hotel.

Here's to another 3+ years. :)

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed the hotel and manger was on duty were very helpful. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful and Julia was friendly. She played with my kids and she let us enjoy the breakfast. Rooms were very clean and really good set up. I feel home away from home. I will recommend this hotel to everyone. And when ever I am in San Diego I will stay here.

Stayed October 2013
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Steven,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I know our complimentary breakfast and evening hospitality are some of the benefits our guests truly enjoy. I'm so glad you and your family had a good time with Julia.

I hope that the next time you find yourself in Rancho Bernardo you will pay us another visit.

Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

No problem with early check in .Angelina was very pleasant & accommodating. Room was clean & bed was very comfortable.Food was surprisingly good.All my needs were met with a pleasant attitude. Jacuzzi was a good temperature & pool was crystal clear. Convenient to gas station & restaurants in walking distance .Carolyn

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, especially Angelina.

So glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and evening hospitality. Not sure if you made it to the Wednesday night BBQ but if you did, I probably met you as I'm usually the one out there flipping burgers and serving some delicious hot dogs and grilled chicken.

I hope the next time you find yourself in Rancho Bernardo you will pay us another visit.

Greg Schmidt

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch

Address: 11002 Rancho Carmel Drive, San Diego, CA 92128
Location: United States > California > San Diego
#29 Business Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch Hotel San Diego
San Diego Residence Inn

If you own or manage Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.