“One the Best Thai in San Diego” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
San Diego, California, USA
“One the Best Thai in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love this place..Great tasting fresh meals. The service is always prompt and courteous. The parking is difficult but the food is worth to drive around.

Visited September 2013

Turin, Italy
“Very good food in very nice atmospehere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The food is great, real Thai in my experience, the tastes are very well balanced and the atmosphere is just great. When we walked in we immediately liked the place. Starters are great. The service was ok, they did few small mistakes but I think they were just in a rush that evening.
The only thing is that from the others reviews it looks like you can have a meal with 10-15$ but not for dinner, the price range is more 30-35$. We paid 30$ + tips each ordering starters, main course, and desert, no wine.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is my 2nd time coming here. The first time I came here, I got one of the curries and pad see ew. They were both delicious! Last time I came here, I got the mambo mambo chicken which is just red curry with chicken and pineapple in it. It's absolutely delicious! My bf got the spicy rice. I also got the Tom Ka soup which was good as well. The chicken was a bit chewy in the soup though which I wasn't a big fan of. But all in all, I like coming here. Their outdoor patio is dog friendly which is always a plus!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. George, Utah
“Nice Place in Hillcrest area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

One of the long time locals took us here. We really enjoyed it. Nice atmosphere, clean, exceptional staff, well groomed and very attentive in a non-obtrusive way. Water glasses were always full, plates picked up whenever we were done with one. Tried a variety of Thai food for a good menu. Interestingly, they have apparently added a bunch of spaghetti dishes to the menu for whatever reason. We stuck with the Thai dishes and were not disappointed! All were very good. I'm writing this several days later so I can't remember what they were. Some were from the Specialty section of the menu. We always like to try some of those in a new place. All our meals were excellent! The server was very good in answering questions we had about different items on the menu. One nice extra, for most items that might be spicy of have curry, they asked how spicy you wanted it on a 1 to 10 scale and adjusted the dish according your request. Very enjoyable dinning experience! Definitely have put this on our go back to list!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Superb Thai Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I finally dragged myself away from my San Diego Oceanaire obsession (see my other review) to a less expensive but excellent Thai restaurant outside the gaslamp district.

This restaurant doesn't need yet another rave review. They fill all of their tables because the locals know they're in for a treat, and it can be moderately priced if you choose wisely and get their special prices. Make sure you reserve your table in advance.

I ordered Tamarind Fish (about $16.00), and it was all I could have hoped for and more. I hesitated before ordering something that was fried, but remembered that when a good Thai chef fries a fish, or crabs, they come out light and not oily. This was certainly the case with this fish. It was crispy but still tasted like fish. I suspect that was the case because they started with a fresh fish and not something pulled out of the freezer. The sauce was one of those you hope to get in a Thai restaurant--exotic, slightly spicy, and enchanting.

If you arrive and order before 7, even on Saturdays, you can get their happy hour specials. The table card is misleading, however. Not all bottles of wine are 50% off before 7; just certain ones are, so you need to ask which ones are included. They also have special prices for appetizers and bar drinks before 7, so take a look. Of course, many of the bars and restaurants on University Ave. also have fabulous happy hour deals.

• Visited June 2013