“Not my scene.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harney Sushi

Harney Sushi
3964 Harney St, San Diego, CA 92110-2825 (Old Town)
619-295-3272
Neighborhood: Old Town
New York City, New York
“Not my scene.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Was in a rush to get to the airport but alloted 2 hours to eat here before my flight. Took 30 minutes for one dish to come out. Not to mention both tables on each side of us were LOUD. It felt more like a bar than a restaurant atmosphere. To go to the bathroom you have to walk outside and wait. I am not going to stand in the cold to pee. The food was good, but I like to be comfortable and have a sense of peace when I eat. Maybe this is more for a younger crowd, but not for a last meal with your family before you take off for your flight. The waitress took forever to come, they are understaffed for their customer ratio. The manager was nice and offered to comp our meal but I told her not to. Just not my scene is all.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Chula Vista, California
“Fun Sushi Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went on a Friday night with the girls. Sushi was great and the atmosphere was upbeat. They have some great drinks and the service was excellent. Try this place out if you have the chance!

Visited September 2013
Anaheim, California
“Really good sushi at reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were almost afraid to come here since the wait times were so long. We were originally quoted a 40 minute wait, which they related to us may be shorter if a party didn't show up. They were nice enough to find us on the street when we were trying to decide to stay or go. We ended waiting only 10 minutes. We ordered the following items:

Edamame - Really good and lightly salted ($2.50 HH)
Albacore tuna rolls - Average but at the price it was, it tasted better ($3.50 HH)
Miso Harney Roll - Soooo good! Crunchy on the outside, deliciousness on the inside. I highly recommend this tasty roll ($12.50)
Rainbow roll - have you ever had a bad one? A mix of 5 different sashimi on top. Also good (~$12)
Green tea

Everything was reasonably priced for sushi, decor and ambiance were nice, and the service was excellent. The bus boys were awesome about water refills and cleanliness. The server did mess up our checks in the end but managed to fix the issue. It was a time waster, but she was a good server. Overall, great experience and highly recommended if you're in Old Towne. Closes at 12 AM!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego
“POOR & RUSHED SERVICE @ Harbney Sushi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

DISLIKE. Even thought I L-O-V-E this establishment for dinner and have frequented many evenings. Business lunch w/ associates late on this afternoon (2:50 pm) was at a low. Seated, even though they were told they would be closed at 3 pm. We ordered ALL & was told last call when appetizers delivered; we ordered another round. At 3:50 pm was told that we need to finish up; staff had to get ready for dinner. I guess my $175 lunch tab was to small; Manager was not helpful even after letting him know about our experience. I cannot recommend your establishment if this is the service if this is the service they now offer.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Fun Atmosphere and Fantastic Sushi Rolls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Harney Sushi might not be ont the very top of the Sushi restaurant list in San Diego, but it is well worth the visit if you like creative sushi rolls. I have been to many, many sushi restaurants in many cities and think that the sushi rolls at Harney are probably the best that I have ever had. I love the selection of edamame (more than the standard steamed edamame). They have a great cocktail menu. The atmosphere is a bit more festive than the typical sushi restaurant- this place feels more social. The service is always friendly and upbeat. Even though they are located in Old Town San Diego (more of a tourist location), locals regularly eat at Harney. Parking can be a bit tough in Old Town, but there are a number of paid parking lots nearby.

• Visited September 2013