“Uneventful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Avondale, United States
“Uneventful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very friendly staff and helpful throughout this location!They went above and beyond to inform us about local restaurants and provide their own reviews. They were right with regard to quality and variety. We appreciated that! Nice to have an "uneventful" night's sleep which is what you want when traveling especially for business.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Greetings and thank you for your wonderful review. While traveling is often an event itself, we are pleased when business travel goes smoothly. We are so happy that we were able to provide you with information of the surrounding area. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your return trip to our property.

Ryan
Front Office Manager

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had an event at the Hilton Garden Inn and our experience from beginning to end was top notch. The Catering Manager, Terri Miller was pleasant, efficient, accommodating, and very professional. She followed and implemented every detail which is a rarity for events. The Food and Beverage Manager, Bill Songer, was excellent, too. He came to check frequently that everything was in order, and it most certainly was. He has a low-key and caring way of working with clients. They are a true team and the food was DELICIOUS and plentiful.

Big Bear City, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the past couple of months. We stay at a Hilton Garden Inn if at all possible wherever we are because I am in chronic pain and the Garden adjustable mattresses are wonderful! I can actually get a good night's sleep on them. I have a medical specialist that I see in the area and the hotel staff has been very cooperative in granting us the late 2PM checkout that comes with our AARP reservation. I also appreciate the ergonomic desk chair. WiFi connections have been excellent in the rooms we stayed in.The reading chair is actually quite comfortable with height of the lamp perfectly positioned to provide light for reading. My only complaint is that the room rates go way up during the week. So we won't be able to stay there during the week. The main reason I gave them a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the analog TV (some terrible pictures!), few channels and inability to rent movies.

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room away from the elevator, the maid's closet and the ice machine. Th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Farr West, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location of the hotel in Del Mar, close to the beach, Sea World, LegoLand, other San Diego attractions, etc.... made this an excellent choice for our family trip to SoCal. We took advantage of the HGI breakfast and were off to a day of fun.....the grand kids loved the pool in the evenings, the seal's close by at La Jolla and the beach any where we stopped. I have always liked my stay's at the HGI and it is not that much of a price increase (if at all) from the "Mission Valley" hotels and I know we will have a clean room for children......thanks for an enjoyable stay!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Pepperell, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times as well as other hotels in the area. The service level at this hotel, for the price paid, is outstanding. The lounge/bar is very basic but has a lot of personality via the outstanding staff. The food is simply amazing for the price. (Don't miss the portobello wellington.) Can't say enough about the dinners. The front desk staff has never left me waiting or wanting for anything. They have accomodated every request I've made and my travelling group - with some noodnicks who want their way - feel the same. The hotel and rooms are clean, the entire staff is courteous and delivers outstanding service. No hesitations about staying here, make yourself known to the staff, they will go the distance to ensure your stay is outstanding. Will stay there many times in the future, won't consider paying more elsewhere.

Room Tip: There's a few rooms with balconies on the 2nd floor. Perfect for those warm SoCal nights.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

When i walked into the room, the TV remote was not in the room. Then when i tried to iron my clothes, the iron was broken. The wifi connection was very bad. My phone and tablet would lose connectivity very often and the speed was very bad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Maria L, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay with us. I would appreciate any further details or information you could share with me of your recent stay, so we can correct these matters for future guests. I would also like to see if there is a way to make things better for you, and hopefully have you back as our guest on your next trip to San Diego. You can email me back directly to mlowenthal@hiltongardeninndelmar.com, I look forward to hearing back from you.
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was lovely. I LOVED the self serve cold water with fresh sliced oranges
for a quick refresher when you arrive or a quick sip before heading out for the day.
Everyone was friendly. Also love the made to order breakfasts and the fact that there is
a restaurant for evening meals after a long day of playing. No worrying about finding your
way around to go find a place to eat dinner.
Would absolutely stay here again !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar? Share your experiences!