“Despite Terrific Accommodations, Slept Poorly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #12 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Seattle, Washington
“Despite Terrific Accommodations, Slept Poorly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

First off, the service at the Hilton Garden Inn was top notch. From the moment my husband and I entered the hotel, we were greeted promptly, courteously, and enthusiastically by the front desk as well as the staff of the lovely (and delicious) restaurant. Our room was spacious and exceptionally clean. I cannot say enough good things about the people and the hotel ambiance; however, the two nights we stayed at the hotel, my husband and I slept very poorly. I was awoken several times by people walking in their room on the floor above us. Also, the occupants of the rooms upstairs showered well after midnight--and the water pressure in the tub was excessively loud. I found that strange as the building itself did not strike me as old.

I do not fault the staff or the guests upstairs for our 2 nights of tossing and turning. I have chalked it up to strange acoustics or some other "rogue" element outside the control of the hotel staff. Because I found the people so refreshingly kind and helpful, I give this hotel a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had won a free night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of my choice through an online sweepstakes that Hilton sponsored, and we choose to stay at the San Diego Del Mar location! The staff was excellent, the cookies were wonderful, the free coffee was a god send and even the icy cold flavored water in the lobby was fantastic!!! As for the rooms, they were very clean and well appointed and the beds were absolutely wonderful!!! We would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and we will definitely be back to stay!! Thank you, Hilton Garden Inn!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Tonetta,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us, and we are honored that you chose our Hilton Garden Inn to redeem your awesome sweepstakes win. We thank you again for your fantastic review and look forward to having you back as our guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The WHOLE team here is the best I have seen put together, enjoyed my stay! Close to everything! Don't skip the breakfast, good value. Kudos to the GM, for addressing small issue. The hotel is a tuck away in a nice surrounding complex, which is nice if you want to be away from the large crowds! Our room had a nice home feel to it, and Don't forget to adjust the bed to your liking, very comfortable! Over all very nice place to stay! I always go Hilton

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for you outstanding review. On behalf of the team, it was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest and could not be more excited that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you back as our guest during your next trip to San Diego.
San Diego, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great stay with my family. They had a very friendly staff that were helpful and offered site seeing advice, dinner suggestions and beach choices. Location was north of San Diego but close to everything and several beach communities. I would absolutely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Soquel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 4 years.
This was my longest stay at the property and over several nights was very well treated by all of the staff--front desk, restaurant and housekeeping. This really made the visit a pleasure.
Special compliments to the restaurant for service and food quality.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice staff. Mgr was very helpful would visit again.rooms were nice and clean. Had no trouble checking in staff were waiting for us. Breakfast was awesome when we booked the room we booked the bed and breakfast deal. Since we used our Hilton points for the stay I guess that deal didn't apply . Talked to the assistant manager next morning and she was very kind and helpful. She was kind enough to honor the deal and printed out breakfast vouchers right away. She was really helpful and nice! I would definitely visit this hotel in San Diego again. Very family friendly our kids loved it. Thanks to all the staff that helped us out.

• Stayed June 2013
Huntington Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am truly impressed with this facility. The hotel staff was very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. Restaurant staff at breakfast was SUPERB! They were about to close and helped get us everything we needed! I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Camela H,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. Our team truly enjoys going above and beyond for every guest. I will be sure to pass along your praises to our breakfast team for providing you with everything you needed. Thank you again, and we truly look forward to having you back as our guest!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar? Share your experiences!