“Becoming better & better” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #8 of 270 hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Becoming better & better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

When I first began going to this Hilton Garden Inn several months ago, I did not feel very welcomed by the staff. I said something to the manager, and he was very concerned. I noticed the staff getting better on the following visit. So I believe the manager implemented positive change. On my last visit, I spoke with Andrew, the supervisor. I told him I felt like the staff cordiality was getting much better. He said they were really working on it. He was very positive and helpful and inquired in depth about my experience with different staff members. I would like to mention specifically that Lindsay, behind the desk and Adam, in the breakfast area were extremely warm, helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Paulla W,

Thank you very much for you kind words. The team and I are thrilled to hear that our efforts are truly translating to our guests. I will be sure to share your compliments to the team members you mentioned, and be sure we are keeping up the good work! I thank you again for allowing us to have you as our guest and will hopefully see you very soon.

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Honolulu, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Typical Hilton Garden Inn quality. Quiet but away from the activities. Little choice in near by resturants or shopping, but that adds to the charm. Adequate parking. Layout of the room was good for the little work that I needed to get done. Wireless internet connection was slow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

sherman oaks ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We knew we were going to San Diego for one night but put it off to the last minute. The day before. We were a little nervous about finding a nice hotel with good rates but found this hotel on line and thought we would call to see what we could get. The minute the desk clerk, Paco, answered the phone i knew i didnt have to call any other hotel. He was so friendly and helpful and already made me feel at home. The rate was great and he told us about the great breakfast deal they had. The next day when we checked in, we were lucky to be greeted by Paco. He made everything so easy for us and made sure we were comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with was amazing. from the front desk to all the great guys that took care of us at breakfast. We wanted to move in. All hotels should take this hotels customer service as an example and follow their guidelines.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn San Diego-Del Mar is a great venue if you're hosting a fundraising event, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or a reception. The staff was very helpful and eager to make sure our event went off without a hitch. The ballroom is a good size (we had almost 100 teens, plus tables, belly bars, lounge furniture, dance floor and dj stage) and the patio area is perfect for guests that need a break. The hotel is located centrally and if you live in Carmel Valley is perfect option for your guests. Although the inside of the ballroom is not the most glamorious, there are ways to really spice it up (I recommend speaking with staff for specific ideas). Overall, it is a great venue in a good location! Thanks again Hilton Garden Inn San Diego-Del Mar for hosting Rock Out for Hunger 2013! Your support, help and expertise was greatly appreciated!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Maria who checked me in was very friendly. I booked a room with the breakfast package and forgot to add another person. Since we were 2 at the desk she immediately add a second breakfast voucher without even asking when she saw my brother. She was very proactive.
She also gave us recommendations about the area and it was very helpful since we're not from the area.
Had dinner and it was very enjoyable, had happy hour for a special cinco de mayo and the food was prepared very well.
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Vincent,

Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the front desk service to the food quality. It is our goal to ensure your have a comfortable and relaxing stay, and can't wait to have you back as our guest.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn because the hotels closest to Seaworld wwere all booked and took a chance on a hotel a bit further away. We were very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. They had fresh baked cookies at the front desk and when they ran out of chocolate chips, the receptionist promptly went to the kitchen and got my sons fresh baked ones (as in still warm and soft).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located off I5 near the I805 interchange. Staff is very friendly, breakfast was very good and the rooms are comfortable. It is quiet and service is efficient. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar? Share your experiences!