“Very friendly staff and very clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3939 Ocean Bluff Ave, San Diego, CA 92130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“Very friendly staff and very clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Maria who checked me in was very friendly. I booked a room with the breakfast package and forgot to add another person. Since we were 2 at the desk she immediately add a second breakfast voucher without even asking when she saw my brother. She was very proactive.
She also gave us recommendations about the area and it was very helpful since we're not from the area.
Had dinner and it was very enjoyable, had happy hour for a special cinco de mayo and the food was prepared very well.
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Vincent,

Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the front desk service to the food quality. It is our goal to ensure your have a comfortable and relaxing stay, and can't wait to have you back as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn because the hotels closest to Seaworld wwere all booked and took a chance on a hotel a bit further away. We were very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. They had fresh baked cookies at the front desk and when they ran out of chocolate chips, the receptionist promptly went to the kitchen and got my sons fresh baked ones (as in still warm and soft).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located off I5 near the I805 interchange. Staff is very friendly, breakfast was very good and the rooms are comfortable. It is quiet and service is efficient. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and always plan to return. The rooms are a comfortable size, always clean and have all that I need. The hotel is typically very quiet, inside and out. I usually have breakfast at the hotel, and find the food and selection to be very good. I would say that the only downside in my mind is that the fitness room is is very small.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Culemborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in April.

This a good budget friendly hotel if you want to be close to San Diego and the beach. Torrey Pines State Beach is about a 5 minutes car ride. Downtown Del Mar has a good selection of restaurants. Also a visit to Solana Beach is easy. You can enjoy the beach there or do some shopping on Cedros Avenue without having to pay for parking your car.

This Hilton Garden Inn has friendly employees. Rooms have a good size and are clean. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast was very good with your own choice of warm food and a buffet with some cold stuff like yoghurt, cereal etc.

If I go back to the San Diego area I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

April 28th was the greatest day of my life as I married the love of my life, our reception was here and couldn't of been any more perfect!! The pricing was great, the food was amazing, and they decorated exactly how I wanted! My family and friends loved it and the reception was perfect. They really work with you and what you want. I would suggest this to everybody!
Thanks
The Bakers

• Stayed April 2013
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Mrs. Baker,

Congratulations on your wedding, it was our pleasure hosting this memorable event. I truly appreciate your feedback and the team was thrilled we could be apart of your special day. We wish you all the best in your marriage!
Avondale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I traveled to San Diego on a whim and booked this hotel last minute. We checked in late Saturday night and Maria at the front desk was so kind and helpful. She explained the amenities, let me know there was a fund raising party going on downstairs until 10pm that we might be able to hear in our room, and even offered to change rooms if we thought it would be a problem. There was free parking, a restaurant on property, and a spa (which I hope to take advantage of next time!)
Once we got to our room, it was beautiful. We had 2 Queen beds and my kids loved the fact that it was roomy enough for all 5 of us. (a 5 year old, a 3 year old, a 2 year old, plus my husband and I)
We ordered the cookie a la mode from room service and they brought us 5 spoons and 5 glasses of ice water so we could all share. We all snuggled into our beds and enjoyed watching a little bit of tv. In the middle of the night, my oldest woke up sick. After throwing up all over the bed, we got him changed, stripped the bed and called the front desk again. Diego came up, changed out all the linens and remade the bed in the middle of the night. He even offered to get us some gatorade and more water for our little guy. I cannot stress enough how amazing the staff was there.
The next morning we were checked out by the General Manager, who was very friendly and asked about our little guy. No hidden charges at checkout and I have to stress again how friendly and genuine all the staff seemed. Every single one of them made eye contact, said hi to me and my kids, and answered all of our questions with a smile. We will definitely be returning here soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
It is such an amazing feeling for the team and I to read your fantastic review. We appreciate your wonderful comments and could not be more thrilled that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Our team really is different in that hospitality is not what we do, it is who we are. I am excited to have built a relationship with your family and we look forward to having you back very soon!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar? Share your experiences!