“A Clean, Quiet and Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #19 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Bend, Oregon
“A Clean, Quiet and Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and always plan to return. The rooms are a comfortable size, always clean and have all that I need. The hotel is typically very quiet, inside and out. I usually have breakfast at the hotel, and find the food and selection to be very good. I would say that the only downside in my mind is that the fitness room is is very small.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Culemborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in April.

This a good budget friendly hotel if you want to be close to San Diego and the beach. Torrey Pines State Beach is about a 5 minutes car ride. Downtown Del Mar has a good selection of restaurants. Also a visit to Solana Beach is easy. You can enjoy the beach there or do some shopping on Cedros Avenue without having to pay for parking your car.

This Hilton Garden Inn has friendly employees. Rooms have a good size and are clean. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast was very good with your own choice of warm food and a buffet with some cold stuff like yoghurt, cereal etc.

If I go back to the San Diego area I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

April 28th was the greatest day of my life as I married the love of my life, our reception was here and couldn't of been any more perfect!! The pricing was great, the food was amazing, and they decorated exactly how I wanted! My family and friends loved it and the reception was perfect. They really work with you and what you want. I would suggest this to everybody!
Thanks
The Bakers

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Megan_baker42813
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Mrs. Baker,

Congratulations on your wedding, it was our pleasure hosting this memorable event. I truly appreciate your feedback and the team was thrilled we could be apart of your special day. We wish you all the best in your marriage!
Avondale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I traveled to San Diego on a whim and booked this hotel last minute. We checked in late Saturday night and Maria at the front desk was so kind and helpful. She explained the amenities, let me know there was a fund raising party going on downstairs until 10pm that we might be able to hear in our room, and even offered to change rooms if we thought it would be a problem. There was free parking, a restaurant on property, and a spa (which I hope to take advantage of next time!)
Once we got to our room, it was beautiful. We had 2 Queen beds and my kids loved the fact that it was roomy enough for all 5 of us. (a 5 year old, a 3 year old, a 2 year old, plus my husband and I)
We ordered the cookie a la mode from room service and they brought us 5 spoons and 5 glasses of ice water so we could all share. We all snuggled into our beds and enjoyed watching a little bit of tv. In the middle of the night, my oldest woke up sick. After throwing up all over the bed, we got him changed, stripped the bed and called the front desk again. Diego came up, changed out all the linens and remade the bed in the middle of the night. He even offered to get us some gatorade and more water for our little guy. I cannot stress enough how amazing the staff was there.
The next morning we were checked out by the General Manager, who was very friendly and asked about our little guy. No hidden charges at checkout and I have to stress again how friendly and genuine all the staff seemed. Every single one of them made eye contact, said hi to me and my kids, and answered all of our questions with a smile. We will definitely be returning here soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mirvin08
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
It is such an amazing feeling for the team and I to read your fantastic review. We appreciate your wonderful comments and could not be more thrilled that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Our team really is different in that hospitality is not what we do, it is who we are. I am excited to have built a relationship with your family and we look forward to having you back very soon!
Nashua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Clean comfortable rooms, excellently prepared food and welcoming bar area. Great to see local residents socializing with business travelers.

The hotel is close to many companies in the area so you can avoid the San Diego traffic nightmare.

Room Tip: I have been to this location a few times. Rooms are quiet enough that even though I was closer to th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Klamath Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. It has a beautiful atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. If I'm ever in this area and need a room I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Southern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the 7th time we stay at this property and we love it. Traveling with kids you needs to carry lots of stuff, and my experience is that most SD hotels you valet park (at $15-$25) and then you dont see your car again until you leave. At this hotel, parking is free, and you can park feet away from the door, making the loading and unloading of luggage so easy. The rooms are always clean and fresh. All rooms have a microwave oven and a mini-fridge which I love and use often. There is a vons supermarket 2-3min drive away which is also convenient.

The hotel is about 15min from Sea World, 5 min from Torrey Pines Beach, 5min from la Jolla, and about 5-10min from Del Mar Fair, so most things you want to do are fairly close to. Its nice to be able to leave the city in a more relaxed setting.

The hotel has a little bar and a restaurant on the first floor. Breakfast is awesome, for 11 dollars you can get a full breakfast per person. The bar has decent prices and they have really tasty appetizers with very friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family