“Nice HGI” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 269 hotels in San Diego
San Diego
“Nice HGI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night when power was out at my home
during a planned repair by utility company.
Nice room, free wifi, comfortable bed.
Would recommend for business or leisure travelers. Convenient location near I 5 fwy.

• Stayed November 2012

459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our soccer team stayed at the HGI for four nights while participating in The Surf College Cup Tournament. The experience right from the start beginning with emails to and from Kristin (Sales Coordinator) was very positive. She was extremely organized and thorough. When we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by the friendliest staff who was and remained very accommodating throughout our whole stay. Great job to the WHOLE staff at the HGI San Diego/Del Mar. We hope to see you next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kevin E, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
On behalf of the staff at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Del Mar, I would like to thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that your team enjoyed your staff as it was a pleasure having you all. We look forward to having you back during your next trip!
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed for two nights Very clean safe area nice big rooms helpful staff good breakfast nice location average prices Was very impressed with the place Overall had an awesome experience at this Hilton Garden Inn.I ll stay again when i m in the area

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin E, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and felt so comfortable. We strive for the best service for each and everyone of our guests and hope to have you back with us soon.
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at the HGI for four nights on a recent vacation to San Diego, although you are a good 20 minutes away from down town it is an easy drive to most attactions. We enjoyed driving across to La Jolla Cove in the evening to watch the sunset. We had a bed and breakfast package
which gave us coupons for every morning and we enjoyed the buffet, our children enjoyed the choices from the 'kids corner'. The rooms didn't have an in-room safe which was a surprise, we ended up leaving valuables in a safety deposit box at the front desk - based on the difficulties the staff had accessing this facility it is apparently not used very often. When my wife closed out the box on the day of departure we had the somewhat comical experience of being asked to complete an application form to use the box, so we could sign the same form to recover our contents and hand back the key! Nonetheless staff were always very pleasent and helpful particulalrly the breakfast servers who were always keen to provide advice for our day ahead. Great spot, true to all the positive reviews. Clearly they work hard to deliver value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kevin E, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with valued feedback. I would like to apologize for any type of delay with usage of our safety deposit box; however I am happy to hear that it worked out for your needs. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location, service, and overall stay. We look forward to having you as our guest for your next trip to San Diego!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Talk about above and beyond customer service!

When Fedex failed to deliver the materials for my presentation to a nearby firm, the staff bailed me out by printing out the gazillion color copies I needed. So grateful. Presentation went off without a hitch.

I had been accustomed to staying at the Torreyana Road Hilton when I visit my client here but they were full so I ended up at HGI, and found this to be the better experience, even if I did have to drive five more minutes in the morning. Clean rooms and hallways, decent breakfast (not included), more lunch options (at better prices), easier to use business center, and the bed was amazing. I did have a little noise problem in Rm 303 - or maybe the guy in 305 was hard of hearing and needed the TV extra loud.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kevin E, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We are very happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is extremely valued and we truly do appreciate your kind words. I am thrilled that we were able to get all of your copy needs taken care of for your early morning presentation. We look forward to having you as our guest during your next trip to San Diego!
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had an awesome experience at this Hilton Garden Inn. Check-in was nice and friendly and our room was ready even though we arrived RIGHT at 3pm. I would say it's not worth the upgrade to a king room with a balcony as our looked out onto nothing (concrete walls), but you could get some fresh air I guess. We went to the beach area for a walk/run with their instructions and brought Thai food back for dinner. We had a call as we walked in the room with food asking if everything was satisfactory, and when we requested a bottle opener, we had glasses and the opener brought promptly! Top-notch and prompt service, room was clean and large, good stay. We drove down to the San Diego airport the next morning and had dropped the rental car and gotten through security within an hour, very good option for staying outside the downtown area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin E, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and had an "awesome experience with prompt service". I would encourage you to visit our property again during your next trip to San Diego.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a fairly new run of the mill HGI. Its located just off the highway about 15 minutes north of San Diego and very convenient. The rooms and overall facility were in good shape and the front desk staff was very friendly. I was a bit surprised that breakfast was not included in the rate as most HGIs I've stayed at have included breakfast. I thought this was a standard thing for all HGIs but I guess it must vary by location. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I apologize if you were given the impression that breakfast was included. I would encourage you to try our bed & breakfast package during your next stay with us, which discounts the breakfast drastically. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the convenience, location, and overall friendliness of our staff. We look forward to having you back as our guest the next time you are in San Diego.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar? Share your experiences!