“Vegas Feel Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Murrieta, Ca
“Vegas Feel Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the heart of Gaslamp and has A Vegas hotel style vibe to it! The rooftop pool and bar is super nice and so much fun! The drinks are great we bought pitchers of raspberry mojitos that were priced great. I won't stay anywhere else in San Diego!

My girlfriends and I only stay at the Hard Rock Hotel when we visit San Diego (every 2 months or so) the staff is so pleasant and extremely helpful and accommodating, one staff member in particular always helps me book and will email me room rates right away when I'm planning my trips her name is Jessica C! Such an asset to that hotel!! She is always friendly, and prompt on returning my emails!

I love the hard rock! Stay here :)

• Stayed April 2013
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks so much. We'll pass on the praise to our girl Jesse. You're right! She's a huge asset to the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Hard Rock is a great place for friends weekend! We had amazing customer service from the time we were greeted in the lobby to the moment we checked out. This included the Valet staff, front desk, concierge, room service, housekeeping staff, and even the night club staff! This is a fantastic place for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party. When you have 12 girls all needing to get ready at the same time the large bathrooms with ample counter space was appreciated! Also, it made the weekend SO much easier considering we didn't have to drive or cab anywhere. We ate at MaryJane's and Nobu, hung out at the pool deck bar, danced in the night club and called it a weekend! Parking my car the entire weekend only cost about 30 bucks at the lot on 6th street which is conveniently located right next to the hotel. We took advantage of the in room technology as well and appreciated all the little extras the room had to offer.In my opinion this easily beats a Vegas bachelorette party. It was cheaper, easier on the feet, less smoke in my lungs, and the customer service was unmatched!

Room Tip: If you are not at the Hard Rock to party I'd suggest staying on a room opposite side from the ni...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much! We host a lot of bachelorette and bachelor parties for all of the reason you list in your review. We're glad you had a blast. Come back and see us again soon.
Bali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Clearly no place for a family vacation. It's a hotel for singles and young couples who want to have a great time in San Diego. the rooms are extremely neat and clean and come with several wide screen TV's that are playing your type of music when you arrive. The hotel staff is outstanding and very helpful. Hard Rock is a class act, but not cheap.

The hotel is located near San Diego's gaslamp district and you'll have no problem finding things to do during your stay. There are almost unlimited places to eat and the food is terrific. you can get a pizza a Ciro's or experience award winning dining at Acqua al'Due. One of my favorite restaurants is Ocean Air. It's upscale and very expensive, but the food is world-class. All these places are within walking distance of the Hard rock. So is Petco Park. If you're in town during baseball season, you can walk a few short blocks to go watch the Padres.

The Hard Rock also has several night clubs if you're into that. I'm not, but have to say that they we went into two of them and they were both very nice. Expensive drinks, but so is everything else in downtown San Diego.

I highly recommend the Hard Rock.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Sounds like you really know your way around downtown (those are some of our favorite restaurants too!).
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great location, really comfy beds, and awesome decor. Overall a really fun place to stay. Unfortunately we only had one night here and didnt get to experience all the hotel had to offer, but were so impressed with what we saw in the short time we were there! Also, breakfast at MaryJane's is a MUST! Really good menu options, size able portions, and a carafe of water and coffee at your table (both very appreciated after a late night out in SD!).

Customer service was also awesome...they were super busy the day we were checking in and yet very timely and professional. Our room didnt have a remote control and after calling the front desk, one was sent up within minutes. Friendly, efficient, and helpful. Would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks so much, we hope you can come back and spend a little more time us soon!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Hard Rock San Diego was incredible. The staff did an excellent job--everyone had a perfect mix of professional and fun, cool and helpful. Yes, people are going to be having a good time, and it may be slightly loud until 1am Friday and Saturday night. It's called the "Hard Rock," not "Retirement Home." If you want to have a good time, be treated well, and enjoy the best food you've ever eaten in a hotel, nothing can compare in San Diego or almost anywhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the kind words. We do strive to offer a little something for everyone and show our guests a good time, whether they're a business traveler or a local in for a stay-cation. Sounds like we were able to deliver exactly that for you and we couldn't be more happy! We hope you can come back and stay with us again soon.
Los Angeles, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were lucky enough to be able to get a room on opening day in San Diego. We usually stay at another hotel but they were booked. My wife called the hard rock and they had a room available so we were thrilled to get a room knowing that all the other hotels were book due to opening day. When we got there we were treated like royalty. Friendly staff that bent over backwards for us. For now on we'll be staying there. Great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the kind word James. Our proximity to the ballpark makes us a great home base for a weekend of baseball! We hope you'll stay with us again next time you come down for a game.
Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hard Rock SD for the first time, and must say I was completely blown away by the experience! I have stayed at quite a number of fancy-pants hotels through travels for work, and as far as service goes, this beats them all. From the minute I pulled up to valet, to my check out experience, every single staff member made me feel like I was the most special guest of the year! They were all kind, sincere, warm, helpful, welcoming...you name it. This goes for the front desk staff, the valet dudes, the person who brought me my luggage, housekeeping, the staff at Maryjanes connected to the hotel...every.single.person. So even if the room was uncomfortable, I would have been happy with the hotel. But the room..oh the room! They upgraded me to a suite which was such a pleasant surprise, and the room was awesome!! Comfortable and stylish, I slept like a baby on the cozy king bed with the cool breeze of a window that ACTUALLY opens to the outside!! No dry sinuses that night for me, which was a first at a hotel. The shower was rad, too. Seems like a silly thing to say, but I just loved water coming from the ceiling. So serene. When I got up to my room, too, they had my preference of music playing on the 2 giant flat screen TVs. What a way to say "welcome"!

I can't say enough about this place, just spectacular, one-of-a-kind service. Convenient location, rooms are more than fair price and very well kept...just no reason not to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your glowing review. Sounds like you really had an authentic experience that rocked!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel San Diego? Share your experiences!