“Great service and fun atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #17 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Bloomington, Indiana
“Great service and fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We visited The Pearl recently and were very impressed with the service, atmosphere, and food. The Sunday brunch was amazing, and the bottomless mimosa's we had were definitely a nice touch. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the service was good. It is a great value for the location and accommodations, we will certainly be back. I would definitely recommend it to anyone heading to the San Diego area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We appreciate you: Thanks for the review. Hope you will visit us again soon. Tell a friend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
San Diego,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife & I had dinner & stayed at The Pearl for her birthday. A little stay-cation, we had often wanted to stay overnight after attending the Pearl for many local social events...and we are super glad we did. The food & drinks were fantastic, the service was absolutely top shelf, and they go above & beyond to ensure that your experience is personalized & flawless.
We both look forward to coming back...this place is super cool, super chill & just spot on.
Cheers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
On Behalf of the entire Pearl Hotel team and family. Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate you. Tell a Friend.
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

First off lets be honest and get this out there: this place is AMAZING!!!! It's our secret gem of San Diego, though it's not so secret anymore! My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and needed a night away from home but wanted to stay within the vicinity of San Diego. We didn't want anything super fancy but we wanted something where we could enjoy each others company (obviously) and relax in nice surroundings. The Pearl also seems to give a "hidden in plain sight" (FYI this place can be easy to miss when you're driving by looking at all the wonderful surrounding sights, so pay attention or you'll end up lost!) kinda vibe-like it belongs in a James Bond movie. It has this very modern yet retro feel and makes it seem as though you took a hot tub time machine back to the early 1960's. I love it! I'm surprised that my husband and I are barely finding places like this when we have lived and worked in SD all our lives. I love that The Pearl is less than a quarter mile from the beach. You can literally smell the ocean as that lovely, warm sea breeze carries it through the sliding glass doors of your balcony and into your sun filled room. Our balcony was spot on. It included a nice seating area for two and had a great view of the picturesque town that sits near the edge of the ocean. Did I mention this place is literally two minutes from some of the most beautiful waterfront spots in SD? And there is a wide variety of restaurants and shops to choose from. Yay! I also love how each room has its own unique beta fish named after a famous person of the retro era! I believe our was Elvis :-). The room is small but cozy, the bed is wonderfully comfortable, there is wide range of cable channels available, not to mention you have an alarm clock, radio, a desk area, a private balcony (select rooms only) and a very clean and well kept bathroom. I also loved the shower, the water pressure was perfect and the hot water lasted a solid two hours before it even started getting cold (if you love taking long hot showers you will appreciate what that meant for me). I also was surprised at the high quality of the soaps and lotions included. Makes you feel like you're staying overnight at a spa rather than hotel! I also appreciated greatly the warmth and sensitivity of the staff to even our slightest needs. When we first checked in they had our names memorized and greeted us as if we were old friends. When we got in our room we had a nice little note congratulating us on our anniversary and wishing us well. Seriously, how many places do that? And did I mention that there is a pool, bar, restaurant (delicious food btw), game room, and outdoor movie theater? Yeah this place was that awesome. I could not have been happier. My husband and will definitely be coming back very soon. Great value, great service, great place to stay, that's The Pearl for you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Now, that's a review!!!!!. Love the detail. amazing. Thank you so much for taking time to note your experience. Hope you will be back soon. We appreciate your support. Tell a Friend.
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

the bf and i have stayed at the pearl many times and always enjoyed everything about it. retro and modern at the same time, it looks like a page from sunset magazine in 1962! the movie nites are great fun, hotel, restaurant and bar staff always warm and welcoming. great for romantic stay-cations, value added in all that they do, the pearl will always be our special spot!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad you had an amazing experience at the Pearl. Honored to have you. Hope you will come visit us again soon. we appreciate your support. Tell a friend.
Goodhue, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed a total of ten nights while in town on business.

I would consider this more of a motel than a hotel. The price is too good to pass up for a place with very good reviews when compared to the other options in the vicinity of downtown.

Each night the bar/restaurant on the ground floor draws an eclectic mix. The food and drinks are outstanding and the movies shown in the courtyard each Wednesday night make for a fun atmosphere.

The rooms are very simple, but nice.

The main issue I had was with the noise level in the room. Even with a room at the back of the building, the early morning traffic noise from the busy street on which the Pearl is located easily was enough to wake a person and keep them up.

Facility parking is not free, but there is ample street parking a block away.

Don't check out before trying the Brussels sprouts at the restaurant.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Appreciate you taking time to leave us a review. truly appreciate your support and comments. Please come visit us again soon. Tell a Friend.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

While we didn't stay overnight, we went to EAT at The Pearl for a birthday a couple weeks back and the service was phenomenal. Sarah took excellent care of the entire party and the birthday girl had an amazing time. Couldn't have asked for a better night! My friends who stayed the night said they loved the rooms (though I actually haven't been in them since I live down the street). Can't wait to come back for brunch in the summertime.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your support. We appreciate you leaving a review. Please come stay with us. Our restaurant is amazing and our hotel stays are equally as great. Tell a friend.
Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

What a gem! This little quaint and quirky hotel was an excellent find. It is near the airport and downtown San Diego and very easy to find. We only stayed one night at the end of our trip but I wished we could have stayed longer.

The room was neat and efficient with a couple of nice surprises. There was a real plant and a live fish that gave the room a homey feel. We had dinner by the pool and the food was fantastic. Everything was fresh and flavorful.

The staff all went out of their way to make us feel welcome and were willing to help me with a last minute business that came up. I highly recommend this lovely little hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
On Behalf of the entire Pearl Hotel crew. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your review. We appreciate your support and hope you will visit us again soon. Tell a friend.

Been to The Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!