My husband and I just came back from a wonderful trip to San Diego. We were there for a week and really made use of the fabulous public transportation system that the city offers. (I won't say more, but if you're interested see the separate comment I posed on this subject.) The hotel is in a pretty nice complex with a Courtyard by Marriott as well as several restaurants that had above average food (types: Italian, Thai, Sushi, Mexican). All the food was fresh, well made, and reasonably priced. Even the take out Mexican place had great food.
The hotel chain specializes in suites and for people who need the extra space to travel with children or to accommodate different schedules it can be great. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and my major complaint was the suite was on the small size, particularly the bedroom. Still the space is well designed and there was ample storage for clothes in the closet, bedroom dresser and living room dresser. The kitchenette featured a full refrigerator, 2 burner electric range, microwave, sink and dishwasher. Also provided were utensils and dishes for 4, basic pots and cooking implements, toaster, and coffee pot. The hotel does offer the standard buffet breakfast in the mornings and manager's reception weekday evenings, but we tend not to make use of them so I can't report on that. The hotel was nicely laid out with a main building in the center offering the buffet, store, business office and front desk among other things and the North and South buildings having most of the guest rooms. Each of these buildings had 4 floors with elevators, guest rooms on all floors, a laundry room, a 3rd floor terrace and an exercise room. The hotel featured pleasant styling in all the buildings and a generally welcoming feeling. The patio between the two residential buildings featured outdoor seating and barbecues for use by guests. Also available was a pool table in the main building, a pool near the North building, and a basketball court by the South building.
All in all I would recommend this hotel especially for the location, but the accommodations had plenty to recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel
- Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Homewood Suites San Diego
- Homewood Suites Liberty Station
- Homewood San Diego
- San Diego Homewood
- San Diego Homewood Suites
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.