“Great August Stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #8 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Provo, Utah
“Great August Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for four (4) nights in August doing light family leisure activities.
Nice full suites/rooms that made it easy to hang out before and after our excursions. Their website is honest and the room was exactly as described.
Could use more TV channels (like Disney).
Great eating within walking distance with Von's grocery .5 mile away.

Room Tip: We sleep 5 in the king bedroom w/ sofa-sleeper no problem.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Bryan M,

Glad you had a great stay, thanks for choosing us. Bring the family back again sometime soon, I will look into gaining access to the Disney channel and others alike but we do have some family and kid friendly movies here at the front desk to borrow complimentary.

Regards,

865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is rated one of the best in San Diego. For that reason, and the fact that they had a king bed with a separate living space, I chose it.

Check in was ok, the front desk guy sent us with all of our luggage to the wrong building. He was very apologetic, gave us some water bottles to say sorry. Mistakes happen, and it's how they handle it that is important. So once we did finally find out spot, we were quite happy with it. Big living area with separate bathroom. The vanity area was a bit small for a family of 4 to share but it did work ok. They need to put some hooks on the walls between the bedroom and the bathroom, just not enough space to hang swim suits, towels etc. Something they could easily do.

The noise was non-existent. The airplanes at SD fly right over but they have sound proofed quite well.

The building does need another elevator, which I know would be impossible but be ready to take stairs some times or have long waits.

Laundry room is very nice, clean and boy did we need to do laundry.

Breakfast is very crowded, noisy, but decent to good food. Plenty of places to sit down, but if you need to go back in to get something the wait and line were very unorganized. Dinner reception exceeded our expectations. We decided to try it and we ended up having it as our meal that night. Saved us $50.

Pool was small but adequate. We only used it one day after the beach.

The temperature in the rooms was set to not go below 72. While gone for the day, it's fine to have a hold on the temperature, but I like to sleep cooler than 72 degrees. This was something I noticed.

Bedding, and beds were good. We needed more towels than provided. They did provide a roll-away as the double sized couch bed was hard for tweens to share. It fit fine, and let our kids each have their own bed for the nights we were here. Nice touch.

Front desk staff was always very friendly and helpful. They had boogie board to borrow which again, saved us a bunch of money.

The only main down side is that you have to drive everywhere from here. We went to 3 different beaches 3 different days, which is nice to try different places, but you always must pack up the car, kids, stuff and head out. This would be the only thing detering me from staying there again. i think next time, I'd like to try a place on the beach. The free breakfast, free parking make it so attractive compared to properties right on the beach, so it's a trade off. The places within walking distance to eat were really good (sushi place, starbucks, Oggie's). So in the evening we didn't have to drive to dinner which was nice.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor at the end of a hall, 473 I think. It was quiet.
webtraveler,

First I would like to apologize again, since I believe I was the one who in fact sent you to the wrong building at first. So sorry again, I can't believe that I made that mistake but thanks for being understanding, I hope the waters helped. I am a bit embarrassed but anyways I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay enough to give us a good review. Sometimes the staff and other certain amenities are what separates a good stay from a bad, despite some minor issues which seemed to be the case here. Our staff here at the front desk love to help our guests in any way we can, as you are aware but for some of those recommendations our Managers will definitely take into consideration. Regarding the room temperature, our controls do adjust, all you have to do is hold the arrow down for a few seconds until it starts blinking but for some reason a lot of people do not realize that and we do get a lot of calls about it. Anyways, thanks again for all your input and for staying with us, we appreciate it. Keep us in mind if the beach hotels don't work out.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My family and I checked in Tuesday night and from the beginning to the very end the staff at this hotel were super friendly and helpful. Our room location was perfect we were on the 1st flr corner in front of the swimming pool you couldn't hear the people in the pool unless you had the window open and we never heard the planes pass unless we were outside and trust me we were close we could see them take off all the time. The cleanliness of the room was great but Thursday and Friday morning cleaning person was amazing I was impressed by the excellent job I mean you could smell the clean I was impressed. Everything is fairly close we walked one night to Vons to load up our fridge and the surrounding neighborhood is peaceful. If you check in during the week (mon-thur) they do offer complimentary brkfst and dinner it's delicious. The nice part if you don't want to eat there you can take it back to your room. The zoo isn't too far about 10min drive. Also, Old Town and Horton Plaza pretty close like 15min drive.

• Stayed August 2013
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
cookies217,

A review via mobile, good job! Thanks for taking the time to do so and for giving us a great one, we appreciate it and your choice to stay with us out of all the other hotels in San Diego. Our Housekeeping staff really does do an amazing job and take much pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and all rooms, so thanks for noticing. It's also great to hear about the friendly service and perfect location. Come back anytime!

Regards,

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suite at Liberty Station San Diego. My 2 kids, my wife and I had a GREAT TIME. It started as soon as we walked thru the doors. The staff was friendly and super helpful. The Staff was amazing and so helpful and everyone I ran into at the hotel property always said “hello”. I wish I was able to remember everyone’s name that was helpful, but I did remember some names… Jason_B., Del, David, Becah, Stella, Candice, Keric, Angela and Gustavo. Nichole the breakfast chef and her entire morning staff plus Martin the evening Chef and his staff were gracious and delightful. Rick the General Manager and Kurt the Asst. General Manager, were always visible and always hard at work. Usually you never see managers because they are hiding in the back office but not them. They are super friendly to talk with and will do anything to make sure your stay is the best. For the last 25 years I have stayed on Shelter Island, but I have found my new favorite. We usually only visit San Diego once a year, but we will be going back sooner because of the great time we have a week ago. In fact I am afraid to give such a good review because when I go to book my next stay, they might tell me that, they are all booked up. This hotel is outstanding, the room, the free parking, the free breakfasts, the Monday and Tuesday dinner at 5:30pm, they even provide beer and wine. It is so nice to save money on food when on a vacation, I was very impressed with the food at this hotel. The kitchen in the rooms were so helpful for the kids to give them a quick warm snack. They are so many things to do at this hotel, they have a pool/hot tub and a basketball court and a pool table room. Coffee/tea/hot cocoa all the time in the lobby…which came in handy many times. The coffee tasted great!! All this things add up to a great time. All I have to say is “WOW ! Loved it ! Thank you. Homewood Suites and their Staff is the BEST!!!” Leonard S. and Family.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Leonard,

It was great having you and your family here, thanks for staying with us. It's also impressive to hear we have won you over from the hotels on Shelter Island, there are some nice ones over there and it's also a beautiful area. I'm almost hesitant to say that so that we don't lose business to them but at the same time, I'm pretty confident in our ability to attract loyal guests like you. Anyways, thanks again we really did enjoy getting you know you and help make your trip to San Diego a memorable one and look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We recently enjoyed a 3-night stay with our family thanks to Sydney Hurst in group sales.
Very helpful staff including Stella, Jason, and Kurt as well as a super kitchen crew. Relaxing
setting, comfortable surroundings, delicious meals, and many close-by activities. Most enjoyable. Don L.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Don,

Thanks for staying with us and giving us a great review, we are glad you and your family enjoyed it. Thanks for the shout-outs too, we do appreciate that as well. come back anytime!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Homewood for five weeks and my sanity was saved by being able to have a place to call home. The atmosphere is extremely relaxing but there are many recreational activities available. The breakfast and dinner were great and there are many excellent places to eat within walking distance. You can save a ton of travel money by staying at a Homewood Suites. You can't beat the free parking and the hotel location is very central with a short distance to downtown or to the beaches. The staff at the hotel is the top notch and they do everything they can to make the stay the best deal ever.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the end of the buildings away from the courtyard area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Kurt,

You are the man, thanks for the review and for always choosing us. We love having you here and look forward to having you back here in the future. Until next time, take care and don't work too hard!

Cheers!

Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great Hotel, The staff is excellent and helpful. The chef is always making sure that the guest is satisfied. I always stay here. The grounds are always kept in great condition. The area is safe and secure and there are several good places to eat. I recommend Oggie's to eat lunch or dinner. I bring my family out here at least once a year and the staff always go out of their way to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Raoul,

We appreciate you being a loyal guest here and for taking the time to write us a great review. Bring the family back again sometime soon!

Cheers!

Jason

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
Location: United States > California > San Diego
#2 Business Hotel in San Diego
#4 Family Hotel in San Diego
#42 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
Homewood Suites Liberty Station
Homewood San Diego
San Diego Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.