“Nice Location. Nice Staff. Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #9 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nice Location. Nice Staff. Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay here in October 2012 on a vacation to visit family in the area. I wouldn't call this hotel great but I would definitely call it very good. Location is fantastic and close to pretty much everything. The room was clean and very good layout for a family. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom had a small pod coffee maker. Rocio in Housekeeping made an extra special effort to find me a regular-sized coffee maker in which I could brew my own coffee, which I very much appreciated, and was amazed -- she brought a brand-new coffee maker still in the box! Rocio made a great effort to understand what I asked for and she was able to help me.

Also, at breakfast, Nichole was so kind and thoughtful with breakfast and helping me use the wafflemaker (my first time). Nichole noticed the timer didn't work on the wafflemaker, checked to make sure my waffle was cooked properly, and assisted the lady next to me as well. Great service!

The property is well maintained, convenient to shopping (with a car), and close to many attractions, including the USS Midway, San Diego Zoo, and Shoreline Village.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites with a couple of friends while we were in San Diego for the Women's Half Marathon. The location of the hotel was ideal for the start and finish of the race. I thought the location was very centrally located and would not hesitate to stay here again if visiting the area. The hotel was clean and provided breakfast each morning. All in all a good stay and a great place for families or adults who like a little more room. Great value for the price. The area was very safe and close to Sea World, beaches and other San Diego attractions not too far away.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the water if that is what you are looking for.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We (10 of us including 4 preschoolers) enjoyed a terrific stay at Homewood Suites, Liberty Station in late Feb. The breakfast was awesome, well-stocked/replenished and staff very accommodating. The grounds and rooms were lovely, well appointed and clean. We enjoyed the separate bedrooms for privacy, and the extra room in the suite to accommodate the young ones. We had fun in the pool and enjoyed the hotub after a long day on the plane and at Seaworld. The business center allowed us to print attraction tickets the night before - much appreciated. The best surprise was the proximity to shopping (visited the Vons store twice) and plethora of dining close by (ate at Oggies and Five Guys - both great). Everything else we wanted to see was close too - Seaworld, Cabrillo Monument, Embarcado, USS Midway, airport, and north out-of-town quick.The area was so cool... from the NTC remnants, revitalized up-scale offices, residences and shops, 9-hole golf course; even the full-size, on-ground navy vessel right outside the door! The half-marathon held on the Sunday we were there added to making the stop even more memorable.The 2-bedroom Suite (307 in the north building) had a great view of the pool (as requested). Even though the single room suite we were given for my son and his family (318) wasn't that close to 307, it too had a lovely view AND a balcony. The airport noise was more noticeable in that room, and the only real thing we could find to nit-pick about. I also appreciated the quick-checkout feature they offer. The outdoor fireplace was a nice touch on the cool, late Feb evenings.
As I told one of the staff when leaving, we rate our stay a 10 out of 10, and we've only ever got close to that once before - good on HS. I put a lot of faith in tripadvisor reviews, and feel I have to respond when I can.
p.s. our kids enjoyed the early-morning pool visitors (pair of ducks) and they were sure they 'stay' at HS because of the sign (logo) on the side of the building!

Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for five nights for business. I requested a quiet suite and it was perfect. I enjoyed my stay. The free grocery shopping service was great. I will stay here again if I ever return. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish there was a restaurant on-site. The free breakfast in the morning was good but not great. The dinner was a nice touch but the menu items didn't always appeal to me. There are restaurants within walking distance but nothing very close.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hudson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family of 4 just came back from San Diego & I couldn't wait to write my review. Our stay started with getting a free upgrade to a 2 bed/2 bath suite, which was perfect for us & 2 teens. Loved having the kitchenette so we could make our own coffee in the morning int he full-sized coffee maker. As I am a runner, we were on miles of running paths right on the water, where I got to see seals in the water while out for my morning run. The grounds were meticulous as were our spacious rooms. The breakfasts each morning were outstanding, from chicken fried steak & eggs to waffles & strawberries. We could fill up on a HUGE breakfast, snack in the afternoon & come back to eat AGAIN because they also fed you dinner! For us, it saved a huge amount of money by taking advantage of this mega-benefit. There was a Von's Supermarket right down the street @ Liberty Station to pick up snacks. The hotel is centrally located... a 10 minute ride to almost anywhere you want to go in SD, including Sea World & the waterfront. It took us 20 minutes to get to Torrey Pines and 15 minutes to La Jolla (Don't miss either of these places!) Exceptional hotel, glad I listened to other TripAdvisor reviewers, and would recommend to all.

Room Tip: Book a 1 bedroom suite & ask for an upgrade when you get there.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good location, knowledgeable staff and lovely rooms. Nice to have hot items included for breakfast and evening meals. Handy washing laundry facilities on site add to the convenience and the business centre is very functional. The staff were most accommodating and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
Location: United States > California > San Diego
#2 Business Hotel in San Diego
#4 Family Hotel in San Diego
#41 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
Homewood Suites Liberty Station
Homewood San Diego
San Diego Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.