“Tried something a little different this trip.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #11 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Tried something a little different this trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

When we travel to San Diego we normally take a "beach vacation" and stay at one of the hotels located steps from the water. We decided to try something different this time and make it an explore San Diego vacation. We picked the Homewood Suites, Liberty Station based on location and reviews on Trip Advisor. It seemed like the ideal spot for our plans and it turned out to be exactly that, ideal. We had booked a one bedroom suite but when we arrived it seemed there had been an issue with the people that had stayed in the room before us and the room would not be ready for several hours. We had booked a waterfront view and that was the only room available. The staff was so apologetic and Immediately they offered us a two bedroom suite with a partial water view at the same rate. They suggested we go up and look at the room and then we could make a decision. We went for the two bedroom and it was terrific. The room was very spacious and absolutely spotless. Hotel staff were very helpful in providing the best directions to a variety of locations and offering good restaurants suggestions for the weekend when the hotel does not serve the buffet dinner. Speaking of food the buffet breakfast and light buffet dinner was a nice surprise. Complimentary wine and beer were served and it was nice to pour a glass of wine after dinner and head for the very large patio with comfortable seats and beautiful lfireplace. They also have several BBQ grills just off the patio area if you prefer to cook your own dinner and several people took advantage of this opportunity. Lots of room to park and well lighted. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants cleanliness, quiet, decent food and easy access to the zoo, museums, Old Town, the bay etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I believe the title tells more than words can tell.
I travel for business and some time with my wife over the whole world and I need to say 70 % of the time, I am happy with what I get. Sometimes I stay in hotels for weeks or months on one trip and that I found here, I would like to share with everybody my experience with this hotel.

Here on Liberty Station it is more than a stay, it feels like family, with everybody providing the most and the best just for you. It does not happen often and it is the first time I really want to say thank you to all the people working here in the Homewood Suites on Liberty Station in San Diego for the excellent job done.

The rooms are plenty big, with a complete kitchen to cook, fridge, dishwasher and all you need to feed yourself and your family if you would need to do so.
But you don’t need that really because an excellent service for breakfast and dinner are included for all you can eat, in an acceptable price. No extra hidden charges or other tricks.

I like the rooms, a kitchen, a dinner table, a living room and a bedroom with shower and restroom attached to the bed room.

Swimming pool and basketball court are other places to send your kids if you need to get a rest after shopping town down.

If you need to go town down you don’t need a rental car. There is Trolley service available coming by the Hotel several times a day, to pick you up and trope you of everywhere in the city. The pick up again there are also available the assigned places in town to get picked up, and go back to the hotel after finishing shopping. If you want to visit several beaches, a rental car is necessary, dough with the Beaches not far away; it is a perfect place to enjoy every day I stay.

There is so much more I could say about this Hotel, all good, but these only are hints to let you find a place where you want to come back time after time.

I am happy to have found that place; there is no more to say.

Thank you for listening.

Dankeschoen fuers zuhoeren.

Takk for aa lytte.

Robert F N

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I use Hilton for business and only Homewood Suites for personal travel. I have never been disappointed with the free parking, free Internet, free great breakfast. This particular HS is minutes from Sea World and the airport and walking distance to Trader Joes. It has a great paved exercise trail along the water - very scenic. The bathroom is very clean - I put my toddler in the tub without worrying. Good housekeeping is important to me and this place is always neat - from the lobby to the outdoor fireplace. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Homewood Suites was lovely. We had a beautiful peaceful view of a water inlet from our window. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had, and we stay at Homewoods a lot. I have to have a gluten-free diet, and they even offered a gluten-free cereal (I usually bring my own.) We had to leave abruptly because our daughter had been in a serious car accident. (Thankfully, she will be okay.) The front desk staff said they would take care of everything regarding check-out, and let us leave quickly to catch our flight. We were using points and all of the points for the unused days were put back in our account. The hotel is 5 minutes from downtown, a straight-shot to get there. Free parking, free internet, free breakfast, and an ample free dinner reception Mon-Thur. We will definitely go back and stay here, and will recommend to others.
If you are in San Diego as a visitor, go on the historical trolley ride. It was one of the few things we got to do before suddenly leaving and it was well-worth the money and very entertaining.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a water view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Merritt Island, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for two days while on business. While my meetings were on the opposite side of town, I would come back here to stay in the future.

The property is in two "towers" (4 floors each, tower is their term). The commons areas are kept clean and neat. Each "tower" has its own laundry and exercise room. Don't expect a lot from the exercise facilities, but they are functional. I can't confirm it, but each facility is supposed to have different equipment. I can report that the facility in the south tower is small (apparently a converted guest room), but well appointed.

The free dinner buffet was nothing to write home about. The free beer was worth what I paid for it. The breakfast buffet is standard.

The guest room was clean, comfortable and well appointed, but nothing out of the ordinary for this price point.

The best thing about this property is that it is on the site of the former Navy training facility and there are a LOT of dining and drinking establishments within walking distance (Oggi's and Slater's 50/50 to name two).

If I can't get in to the neighboring Marriott Courtyard (I am a Marriott guy), I'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
The Entrance, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel has a lot going for it. It has a handy location but I would recommend a car and is great value for money, especially if you have a family. I travelled with my Mum and 2 girls in a 2 bedroom suite, the rate included buffet breakfast and light dinner on 4 of the nights we were there, both breakfast and dinner were sufficient and while not necessarily what I would choose if ordering from a menu, they did the job and made the hotel great value for money. There is a supermarket close by and some takeaway options. The hotel does however lack a bit of character but for what we were after, in this price range it met our needs. At the end of 3 weeks in the US, the space and value at Homewood suites were great for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hayfield, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We recently stayed from 10/13-10/19. Perfect location!!! Very nice hotel. Very clean. Staff was all very helpful and friendly! The two front desk guys- Jason and Derek were very helpful and so so nice! The breakfast was absolutely wonderful. We would eat a great big complimentary breakfast every morning and then head out to sight see and didn't even need to eat lunch because we were still full from the great breakfast. Nice complimentary evening meal/wine/beer Mon-Thurs. Close driving distance to all attractions. Free parking at hotel. A lot of restaurants in walking distance. Von's grocery nearby. Bed was comfortable. Close to airport but didn't hear the planes unless outside. Nice terrace to sit at in the evening. Very relaxing. Loved everything about this hotel!!! Would recommend this to anyone going to San Deigo!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
Location: United States > California > San Diego
#2 Business Hotel in San Diego
#4 Family Hotel in San Diego
#40 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
Homewood Suites Liberty Station
Homewood San Diego
San Diego Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.