“Great rooms, ideal location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #8 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Aiea, Hawaii
“Great rooms, ideal location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

These folks rescued my family and me in the middle of the night once - so I owe them. This recent stay was my longest here. Breakfast is OK, dinner is not as nice as other Homewoods I've stayed at, but OK as well. GREAT service from the people hosting breakfast and dinner though. All the staff seems very attentive and friendly. This is a fantastic location - central to shopping, Sea World isn't far, downtown is an easy drive, very close to the airport, Harbor Island, Shelter Island, Point Loma. If you're "old Navy" you might have gone to boot camp here as the hotel is on the grounds of the old Navy Training Command (NTC San Diego). You don't pay for parking. There are a couple of restaurants just across the parking lot. I was in a corner king suite with a perfect view and plenty of room to spread out. I was on the third floor and heard a LOT of noise from a VERY heavy-footed person above me. Sounded like Frankenstein clomping around! On shorter stays I've been in an efficiency and these are just a tad bigger than a normal hotel room, but still have a kitchenette. I've stayed many places in SD, but this just might be my pick for next time when travelling with family. The area around the old NTC has been very well preserved with memorials and beautiful grounds. Super area for running, walking or taking kids to nearby parks and playgrounds.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place was once again AMAZING. We noticed a lot of new people when we checked in but all have been amazing. The room cleanliness is fanatastic. The breakfast and dinners are a life saver for a family on a BUDGET. From Rebekah at check in to our servers at breakfast we were spoiled. Nichole even went so far as to make our son a little snack package because we have to leave for the airport before breakast. The location is great and we cannot express enough gratitude to the staff. We will see you all again soon I am sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ardsley, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a week because my son was getting married. The members of my party were myself, my husband my daughter and her husband and young son. We asked for a suite and the one we got was perfect in every way, including having a great view of the bay, and overlooked their lovely pool. The suite was immaculate. Housekeeping came in daily and did a great job. We loved having a fully equipped kitchen there. The beds were comfortable and the TV's (one in each bedroom of the suite plus the living room) were LG Flat Screen, and were a pleasure to watch.

Complimentary breakfast was excellent as well. A wide variety of menu choices were offered, and all were good. I would stay there again on my next trip out to visit my son and brand new daughter-in-law.

It also was ideally situated for everything we needed to get to, including the wedding venue.

The Front Desk Staff was pleasant, friendly and professional and were always there to help. The whole team was excellent, day and night.

It was a very good value for the money. I was willing to pay more for my stay, but now I know I don't need to in order to be in a lovely, well-situated hotel in San Diego.

Room Tip: My suite was on the third floor, and it was very sunny, which I liked.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

A very nice facility. Rooms are clean and spacious and, for San Diego, affordable. Hotel is quite and in a very good location. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast and dinner and more than adequate. The only downside is the pool and the workout room, that are very small. In total, this place is much better than a 4, but not quite a 5. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had to stay in San Diego for several weeks for some medical procedures. I was very stressed about it. I found Homewood Suites and planned to stay here for just a couple of nights until I found something better. I loved staying here so much that I ended up staying there the entire time. The suite I stayed in has a great layout with a lovely working kitchen, living room and bedroom. I had a beautiful view of the channel that runs along the Esplanade outside the balcony doors. They serve a great free breakfast that's not just a roll and some coffee. They also serve free dinner that was delicious every night. The management is very easy going. I had to change my checkout day several times and each time it was handled professionally, kindly and with a smile. The section of Point Loma that the hotel is in is called Liberty Station. Liberty Station has several restaurants, grocery stores, entertainment and parks easily accessible and walkable from Homewood Suites. It's also a very safe area. I recommend staying here to anyone who wants to just relax and not worry about getting ripped off or about having a bad time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Homewood Suites Liberty Station were well located for the start of our holiday given that they are so close to the airport and the hotel will arrange a free shuttle for you (call hotel upon arrival at the airport). The location is not so great in terms of reaching attractions (certainly not on foot), but there are amenities such as basic restaurants in the immediate area. We used local buses to reach attractions and the bus stops are easily reachable from the hotel, but the buses are not especially reliable (obviously not the hotel's fault, but worth considering).

We were upgraded from a one bedroom suite to a two bedroom suite, which sounded superfluous to our needs, but was actually a lovely plus because, after travelling from the UK, out jet lag meant we woke up at funny times so it was great to be able to retreat into the extra space at 6 in the morning when the other person was still asleep :-)

Everything was pretty clean but basic. The beds were not uncomfortable but not super comfy either. The air conditioning worked, but not very well. The full kitchen in the room was great - especially the full size fridge freezer.

There was no shower gel provided which we found very odd. We enquired with reception and they said they had found some and would get it to us, but when it arrived it turned out to be hair styling gel... so we got a bit lost in translation! Had to remember after that that in the US they always call it body wash and not shower gel!

Breakfast was fine - again very basic, but a helpful addition to our stay.

We didn't have time to use the pool so I can't comment on that, but the grounds of the hotel are quite pleasant.

We didn't experience much in the way of service, but hotel staff were pleasant and friendly. I guess Homewood Suites are more like apartments rather than a hotel so you don't get hotel style service.

We booked with hilton points, but I think you can get some good deal at this hotel so for the right price I would recommend it, especially if space and self catering facilities are a priority for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

A very good Hotel for both location and service.
We stayed for 2 nights before flying home after a road trip around California and it was a lovely place to relax.The room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool was excellent with all facilities for cooking if required with separate sitting and sleeping areas.
The complimentary breakfast and early evening meals were adequate rather than special but certainly made life easier.The car parking was very good and free and all the staff we met were very help full.
The location made it very easy to get into central San Diego and also the airport,The car hire return is only 5 minutes or so away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
Location: United States > California > San Diego
#2 Business Hotel in San Diego
#4 Family Hotel in San Diego
#41 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
Homewood Suites Liberty Station
Homewood San Diego
San Diego Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.