“San Diego Skyline at its most beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 3,683 Restaurants in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Springfield, Massachusetts
“San Diego Skyline at its most beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We recently traveled to San Diego and took in the sights. Trip Advisor had great reviews of Island Prime and C-Level. Most reviewers mentioned the ambiance. They weren't lying!!! We arrived and chose to have drinks and appetizers at C-Level. It was a bit chilly and we were seated near a rectangular fireplace that kept us quite toasty. We ordered drinks and appetizers and proceeded to watch the reflection of the sun set on the entire San Diego skyline. It was gorgeous! As soon as the sun set, the lights came on and the evening view was just a nice as the sun set view. Service was prompt and we enjoyed our appetizers. We then headed into Island Prime to get a gift certificate from the bar. The food being delivered looked awesome and the views from Island Prime are just as spectacular! We would recommend both establishments to everyone. You can decide on your budget and then choose the restaurant that fits your pocketbook. Level-C was appropriately priced for more casual dining. Island Prime would be the ideal location for a special celebration. Loved everything about San Diego!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“One of the few places that has both incredible views and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hate when you pay for a view but get crappy food? This isn't that place! It's delicious food with enormous servings. Maybe a little pretentious, but the views are great and the prices are only lightly inflated, but the blow is softer by knowing that 1 entree will definitely feed two people. The dishes are mostly classic Americana (pulled pork, french dip au jus sandwhich, quesidilla, burgers, etc.) but with an upscale twist: onion-infused buns, kobe beef, and so on. Overall, delicious food, drinks and views. Would definitely go back. Service was fantastic and didn't rush us one bit at all either. Feel free to show up to this side of the restaurant in jeans and a nice shirt; no need to be overly dressed. I'd also recommend the outdoor seating - the views of downtown and Coronado are marvelous.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“What a place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

my Aunt Nancy brought me here for dinner. she said it was 1 of the best places to eat in town. she was so right. great views and wonderful atmosphere. the food was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get back to the west coast.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“If you are picking up from the airport, a great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have discovered the C Level Restaurant near the airport. This restaurant is on San Diego Bay so it is a magnificent location, especially for friends coming into San Diego by plane. You pick them up and drive about 1/2 mile to C Level. You will get so many brownie points for introducing your people to the SD experience. C Level does not take reservations so, hopefully, you will get lucky and get great seats on the water. You can see everything that SD has to offer- the downtown skyline, lots of boats, lots of military helicopters, airport jets landing, and total excietment.
Oh, the food is very good too. C level is mostly a lounge so let's call the food upscale bar food, way upscale for decent prices. My wife usually gets some type of salad with chicken (there is a wide selection). I get a hamburger or other meat dish which is gourmet bar food at its best. You can't go wrong with C Level's huge menu. This is truly a wonderful experience for natives and even more, for visitors.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Upscale Experience for 1/2 the Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I recently returned home from a trip to San Diego. I was looking online prior to the trip to find good seafood restaurants, as being from the midwest, we don't get good fresh seafood all that often! A lot of places I looked at I thought to be too pricey, but then I came across C-Level. C-Level is attached to a more upscale restaurant called Island Prime. Don't be fooled by the "lounge" title in the restaurant name. By no means was C-Level a lounge! Before we went to the restaurant I was a little worried about what to wear as I didn't want to appear to be too underdressed and I wasn't sure what to expect from C-Level. My husband and I both wore jeans, I wore a blouse and he wore a polo shirt, and that attire actually worked quite fine for C-Level. If you are interested in trying Island Prime, I would recommend wearing something a little more dressy then jeans. We didn't have a reservation, and we only ended up waiting about 15 minutes for a table. Once we got into the restaurant I couldn't believe my eyes to how beautiful it was! We were seated inside at a table overlooking the water and city skyline! What a view! The dark rich woods in the place made it feel very romantic and relaxed. We each ordered a drink-I the sangria (which was wonderful), and my husband ordered Ellies Brown Ale, which he really enjoyed. We both decided to get the lobster mac n cheese and let me tell you we were not dissapointed! It was soooo good!! Not only is the mac n cheese topped with the lobster, there are big chunks of lobster inside of the baked mac n cheese that made it soo delicious! You won't be dissapointed! I felt like we ate at a 5 star restaurant for 1/2 the price. If you are considering this place, I definitely recommend going for the ambiance and the delicious food! The service was top notch as well! We had such a great time!

• Visited October 2012