This hotel is located in a great neighborhood and has very nice initial appearance. The lobby is beautiful which leads you to believe that the room will be the same, but they are not. The standard rooms at this hotel are very disappointing. The hotel website boasted that each room has a refridgerator and microwave, but there was none in our rooms. When I asked the manager about this, she stated that the website had given false information, but it was their own website! The outside walkways had carpet and the air conditioners constantly leaked onto the carpet, which gave off a very offensive odor. This is definitely just a hotel for sleep only. If you stay here do not get a standard room. I cannot attest to the quality of the suites or any other larger rooms, but the statndard rooms are not worth the money!
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a European hotel experience in Little Italy at the PV Hotel. Well known for a friendly staff and a locals-favorite restaurant with amazing views of the city and harbor. Many different room types available to suit all traveler's needs and budget! Our European experience will be just what you need to get you out of the normal hotel experience, both in look and service and at prices that are very hard to find in downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.