The customer service representatives generally had a "not my problem" attitude. The wifi is very unstable, couldn't maintain a skype call for more than 3min at a time. When I reported this problem to the staff at the counter, he told me there's nothing he can do.
There were dried hairs sticking to the inside face of the bathroom door. Very disgusting.
FRAUD ALERT: if you use your credit or debit card for damage deposit, get a receipt when you check out to make sure they have refunded the money. I waited the 5 business days as directed by their staff but never received it. When I checked with my bank, they started an investigation and found that the money was not returned.
For the trouble and the risks I had to take, it was not worth it to stay here. I would recommend you to stay elsewhere, even if it's more expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an urban hotel experience in Little Italy with newly remodeled minimalistic Queen and Double Queen rooms. The Porto Vista Hotel calls to mind the casual elegance of Europe in the 60's, is famous for its friendly staff. The local-favorite GlassDoor restaurant features amazing views of Downtown and San Diego Bay. A great location, convenient amenities and shuttle service to San Diego International Airport, Cruise Ship Terminal, Convention Center, and MCRD make this a popular getaway for couples, business travelers, convention attendees, and families! Our European theme will be just what you need to get you out of the normal hotel experience, and our prices for a San Diego Downtown hotel are hard to beat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion