Stayed here on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. The Friday and Saturday nights were very noisy due to people coming back to the hotel after being out partying. The Sunday night was fine with very little noise so plan your stay to be on a week night if possible.
There is only valet parking at $22 a day, and there is very little street parking so you are stuck with this options. The valets are very efficient though at bringing you car out for you though.
The lobby looks very posh, but the rooms are a little dated in comparison, but very clean and comfortable.
The lift can be slow, so use the stairs to come and go and save yourselves a few minutes.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, close to get down town and also onto/off the freeway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an urban hotel experience in Little Italy a with it’s newly remodeled minimalistic rooms Queen and Double Queen rooms the Porto Vista Hotel calls to mind the casual elegance of Europe in the 60’s.Well known for a friendly staff and a locals-favorite restaurant the GlassDoor with amazing views of the city and harbor. Many different room types available to suit all traveler's needs and budget! Our European experience will be just what you need to get you out of the normal hotel experience, both in look and service and at prices that are very hard to find in downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion