Stayed here on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. The Friday and Saturday nights were very noisy due to people coming back to the hotel after being out partying. The Sunday night was fine with very little noise so plan your stay to be on a week night if possible.
There is only valet parking at $22 a day, and there is very little street parking so you are stuck with this options. The valets are very efficient though at bringing you car out for you though.
The lobby looks very posh, but the rooms are a little dated in comparison, but very clean and comfortable.
The lift can be slow, so use the stairs to come and go and save yourselves a few minutes.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, close to get down town and also onto/off the freeway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an urban hotel experience in Little Italy with newly remodeled minimalistic Queen and Double Queen rooms. The Porto Vista Hotel calls to mind the casual elegance of Europe in the 60's, is famous for its friendly staff. The local-favorite GlassDoor restaurant features amazing views of Downtown and San Diego Bay. A great location, convenient amenities and shuttle service to San Diego International Airport, Cruise Ship Terminal, Convention Center, and MCRD make this a popular getaway for couples, business travelers, convention attendees, and families! Our European theme will be just what you need to get you out of the normal hotel experience, and our prices for a San Diego Downtown hotel are hard to beat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion