We stayed here on 9/5/13. The outside of the hotel looks nice but once you go inside, brave yourself... it looks like you're in the projects!
This looks more like an old motel (very old). They advertised "free parking" but the only free parking you'll find is on the street and depends on the times. Otherwise you have to pay $20 for valet parking.
The rooms are extremely small. The prison is only a few blocks down. I did not feel comfortable walking around the area at night.
Check-out time is at 11:00am but housekeeping was knocking on our door at 9:00am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an urban hotel experience in Little Italy with newly remodeled minimalistic Queen and Double Queen rooms. The Porto Vista Hotel calls to mind the casual elegance of Europe in the 60's, is famous for its friendly staff. The local-favorite GlassDoor restaurant features amazing views of Downtown and San Diego Bay. A great location, convenient amenities and shuttle service to San Diego International Airport, Cruise Ship Terminal, Convention Center, and MCRD make this a popular getaway for couples, business travelers, convention attendees, and families! Our European theme will be just what you need to get you out of the normal hotel experience, and our prices for a San Diego Downtown hotel are hard to beat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion