I stayed here 3/22/2013-3/24/2013. The rooms/bathrooms were small and you can hear footsteps from the room above you. You could also hear everybody walking by your room and voices from the room next to you. We had a free buffet breakfast with our stay and the breakfast was very minimal (eggs potatoes and toast,) poor quality food and they charged for juices. The 2nd day we went out to breakfast b/c it was so bad. The elevator was in poor condition and took forever. We ended up taking the stairs that were much quicker and safer. We also asked for an hour for late check out and it was denied. This is the 1st hotel that did not allow late check that I have ever stayed in. I have stayed at better Motel's. It was like a cheap Motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an urban hotel experience in Little Italy with newly remodeled minimalistic Queen and Double Queen rooms. The Porto Vista Hotel calls to mind the casual elegance of Europe in the 60's, is famous for its friendly staff. The local-favorite GlassDoor restaurant features amazing views of Downtown and San Diego Bay. A great location, convenient amenities and shuttle service to San Diego International Airport, Cruise Ship Terminal, Convention Center, and MCRD make this a popular getaway for couples, business travelers, convention attendees, and families! Our European theme will be just what you need to get you out of the normal hotel experience, and our prices for a San Diego Downtown hotel are hard to beat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion