“Nice Hotel. Fun area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz San Diego

Save Saved
You added Andaz San Diego to your Saves list
Andaz San Diego
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 F Street, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #74 of 269 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Hotel. Fun area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend and my puppy. We have lived in LA for years and never ventured down to San Diego so we finally went. It was a very nice hotel, great room and amenities. Valet parking only. VERY walkable area with great bars and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

763 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I can honestly say that this property went over and beyond any hotel experience I have ever had. From the major things like: The amazing rooftop with breathtaking views of the city and sunset. The rooftop is also amazing for breakfast, brunch, happy hour, and at night! They constantly took care of all my needs and requests. To the smaller things like: The amazing hotel rain shower and full tub separately in the suite. Other small things like free snacks, waters, soft drinks, and the free drink at checkin. And much more! This was my first time at an Andaz and I am completely sold on coming back here regularly. Again, I can't say enough about how generous the staff was from the maid services to the check in staff to the valet and concierges! Everyone was flawless! I can't wait to come back!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My experience was not even close to what I was expecting. Maybe with a little training on customer service, your staff could be on par with other quality hotels. However, I will admit your hotel is conveniently placed. The location, and only the location, made my stay at your hotel somewhat pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very expensive for quality of rooms and service. Staff need to work on their people skills. Room was terribly small and hotel was so loud. Needed to call security as guests were playing extremele loud.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I ended up at this Hotel because I had to be in San Diego for a conference and every other Hotel I tried was booked. But I feel I struck gold. This is a small boutique Hotel that has great service at a reasonable price. You feel like the staff will go out of their way to help. The Hotel is very clean and quiet. However the street noise is noticable. You can hear the cars and the bar across the stree doesn't close until 2am so you hear the late night party goes also. I am from New York so I wasn't bothered at all but I could see where someone could be. Also I had studio. It's layout was fine for 1 person or very close couple. The bathtub and shower were enclosed in glass sort of in the middle of the room. So kinda dicey to stay with your buddy or any child older than 3. But like I said very clean, great service. The location was in the Gaslamp Quarter and walking distance to Seaport Village ( which I did every day for the conference). I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my wife away with our 3 month old for her birthday. Flying into Palm Springs for a few nights and then we decided to come spend some time in San Diego and chose this hotel because of the photos etc online. We valeted the car. Checkin went well... We were not offered a drink though. We checked into our room after a beautiful day at the zoo. Oddly shaped room but was nice. We showered up for dinner as we were running a little late. The floor in the washroom and extrance is dangerous! Very slippery. After we both almost fell we put towels down as it was not worth the risk of falling with the baby. There was a thick lay of dust on the glass shelf in the bathroom. One of the towels was also all frayed like a old pair of jeans. Looked something like a well used rag. I went down to get the car a few minutes before my wife so we could get on our way for dinner and she and the baby would not have to wait. The valet ticket had no number to dial etc to get the car brought up... For $50 a night possibly something they should look into. I waited approx. 20 minutes for our car. I was extremely irritated with how slow it was. My wife brought the baby down after a few minutes and stood waiting with me. I went to speak to someone at the desk but apparently they were short staffed and the 1 man they had was busy talking to a customer in the lobby area for 10 minutes. By the time we got to our dinner reservation in Little Italy we had to order right away as it was last call already. I brought this to the front desks attention upon checkout and they took off the valet charge. However it wasn't about the money, ill definitely be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AndazSD, Andaz Guest Services at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jake787,
Thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad that you enjoyed the check-in process and your room. Please accept our sincere apologies that the service, particularly the Valet, was not at its usual level. We pride ourselves on the care and attention we give to guests and I am sorry that this was not the case during your recent visit.
We do hope that you will give our Hotel another try so that we can show you the true Andaz San Diego experience.

All our best,
Andaz Guest Services
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful stay. Location was great. Right in the middle of entertainment district. Rooftop food and drinks were fantastic. Drinks a little pricey but had great happy hour specials. Service of the rooftop was great. All the bartenders and waitstaff were excellent and gave great tips on surrounding restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Been to Andaz San Diego? Share your experiences!