“Plumbing problems” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz San Diego

You added Andaz San Diego to your Saves list
Andaz San Diego
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 F Street, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #77 of 272 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Plumbing problems”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great place, my only complaint would be that the plumbing was sub par. The shower had low pressure and the toilet ran all night. Other that a great place to stay!! Great staff and amenities!!! The breakfast was great on the rooftop! Great location. It's where I'll stay next time!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I travel 2-3 weeks out of the month to San Diego. I stay at the Andaz every time. The staff from the moment you pull up to the curb are all wonderful. You immediately feel so welcome. The rooms are spacious and hip! Anything you need, any of the staff will go above and beyond to accommodate. My most recent stay, I checked out and headed to the airport only to find out my flight was cancelled. I called the Andaz, they not only welcomed my return, but even sent someone to pick me up and greeted me at the door with new keys upon entry. So, if you're in San Diego, I recommend you book a stay at the Andaz. It's right in Gaslamp so not that you have a reason to leave the Andaz (as it offers everything for a perfect getaway), but if you do, most of anything is within walking distance. Thanks, Lia, Parv, Sean, Todd, Jason, Mattie, James, Ali.....and the entire stay for making the Andaz my home away from home!

Room Tip: I have stayed in probably 20 different rooms and I've yet to find one I didn't like. If you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Andaz San Diego for a business meeting, and I found the hotel to be a fun escape from the typical business hotel.

Arrival was relatively painless with the valets promptly greeting me and taking my car (note: my meeting had negotiated a lower valet rate; the normal rate is absurd). Check-in was prompt, but I was a little irritated that the staff couldn't seem to locate a rather large demonstration kit I had shipped to the hotel in advance. After waiting in the lobby for about 15 minutes, they offered to deliver it to my room. After an hour, security called to tell me they were still looking for it (not sure how it could go missing - it was huge!).

The hallways are bright, yet a bit narrow. One great plus is there are no ice machines, but rather freezers with pre-dispensed baggies of ice - no noise in the halls! The room itself is modern and tastefully decorated, although pretty small. My room had an interior view, so I basically looked right into the room on the other side of the building; so, I had to keep the shades drawn the whole time. The queen bed was comfortable, and the flat-screen above the desk was nice considering it got a relatively expanded amount of stations compared to most hotels. The bathroom had a nice walk-in shower and glass-topped vanity. Best perk - complimentary soft drinks, juices, waters, and three snacks per day.

The rooftop is gorgeous. Our group had dinner poolside the first evening, and the view is incredible. After our dinner, we stayed for drinks on what turned out to be one of the quieter nights at the rooftop. Service was fine, and the drinks were pricey as expected. When we returned on a Thursday night to the rooftop, we were told we had to go back to the front desk for an armband - even though we were staying in the hotel. The lobby was packed and noisy, but the hotel does provide quicker service to the rooftop for hotel guests.

Net, don't expect to stay here to relax or do business - it's primarily here for the rooftop bar, which is great. While I would return, it would probably be for a different kind of trip rather than a business meeting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently transplanted to the San Diego area from LA and decided to check out the nightlife with some girlfriends. We ended up at the Andaz bar and it's definitely my new go-to. I felt right at home, like I was back in LA, but best part NO LA ATTITUDE. The bartender who looked after us we fondly nicknamed "Big Mike" because he was tall dark and handsome. Yes he had all the makings of a typical bartender cliche, but Big Mike was super professional, attentive and just really likeable. We cancelled all our plans to hop to another bar and stayed all night we liked him so much! He only works Thurs-Sat so be sure to catch him on those nights. Big ups to Big Mike!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was recently at the Andaz bar for some libations & mingling after a business dinner. I had the pleasure of being served by Michael. He was extremely attentive and engaging, but not some much as to be bothersome. His knowledge about whiskeys and scotchs was "spot- on!" Its nice to see a true professional at work. I look forward to a return trip to the Andaz to see Michael again!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very chic look. The rooms are very small, I mean small. As I was there only over night it really did not matter. The service at the front desk was friendly like California. In the evening the place tends to be a little loud. However, it was all fun

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel Andaz is a modern, stylish hotel in the candlelight district of San Diego. Bathrooms are delightful. Only drawback is the rooms do not have dressers to store your clothes!
Get the breakfast deal which is a bargain. Roof top bar is a great place to have a drink at the end of the day.
there is also a beautiful pool on the roof.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Andaz San Diego? Share your experiences!