“New go-to!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz San Diego

Save Saved
You added Andaz San Diego to your Saves list
Andaz San Diego
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 F Street, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #72 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Redondo Beach, California
“New go-to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently transplanted to the San Diego area from LA and decided to check out the nightlife with some girlfriends. We ended up at the Andaz bar and it's definitely my new go-to. I felt right at home, like I was back in LA, but best part NO LA ATTITUDE. The bartender who looked after us we fondly nicknamed "Big Mike" because he was tall dark and handsome. Yes he had all the makings of a typical bartender cliche, but Big Mike was super professional, attentive and just really likeable. We cancelled all our plans to hop to another bar and stayed all night we liked him so much! He only works Thurs-Sat so be sure to catch him on those nights. Big ups to Big Mike!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was recently at the Andaz bar for some libations & mingling after a business dinner. I had the pleasure of being served by Michael. He was extremely attentive and engaging, but not some much as to be bothersome. His knowledge about whiskeys and scotchs was "spot- on!" Its nice to see a true professional at work. I look forward to a return trip to the Andaz to see Michael again!!!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very chic look. The rooms are very small, I mean small. As I was there only over night it really did not matter. The service at the front desk was friendly like California. In the evening the place tends to be a little loud. However, it was all fun

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel Andaz is a modern, stylish hotel in the candlelight district of San Diego. Bathrooms are delightful. Only drawback is the rooms do not have dressers to store your clothes!
Get the breakfast deal which is a bargain. Roof top bar is a great place to have a drink at the end of the day.
there is also a beautiful pool on the roof.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Unlike the many hotels that claim the state of hip, Andaz does stun the guest with it's top class customer service, room quality and refinement in taste across the property.
The bathroom and the electronic accessories in the room are excellent. It is also obvious that this hotel was designed to make you feel pampered from the minute you walk in.
Spending significant time travelling makes me particularly appreciate how well qualified and trained is the professional staff of this hotel. This was consistent across the shifts

Room Tip: Suite 639 was a delight. It overlooks the side street so is more quite and offers a nice view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of going to the nightclub, The Ivy, at the Andaz hotel. I was a little nervous at first thinking that the staff would be pretentious since it's an upscale club and hotel, but it was the opposite. I had bottle service in the downstairs club (and i have NEVER been to a club like this before and had NO idea what i was doing), but when i got there the hostess girls were super sweet and helpful. I was afraid that since i won the bottle service from a raffle that i wouldn't get that great of service, but they really treated me and my crew of 15 bridesmaids like VIP for this bachelorette party i was hosting. They made the bride feel really special and we just had such a great time. I would highly recommend getting bottle service if you are going to go to this club because all the views from the VIP areas look right over the dance floor and are a perfect view for people watching. So much fun!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Staying over 35 nights at various Hyatt the past couple months, I almost pasted up the opportunity of staying here and I am so glad I didnt and gave it a try. I wish I have given this hotel a try earlier so I could stay there more, but I stayed here the last night of my 5 months travel in San Diego.I will definitely stayed here again.

Initially I didnt want to stay at this hotel because they didnt have a club lounge for platinum member. But dont let this fool you as it did for me. It makes up for it by offering all sort of complimentary drinks and snacks in the room. As a platinum member also I got free breakfast (excellent quality).

This hotel is so pretty in the inside, the pictures on Tripadvisor doesnt do it justice (hence why I didnt stay here until my last night). Its so clean and so pretty. The staff are excellent. Their bamboo toiletry are one of the best, I will buy more because I like them so much.

Definitely a unique Hyatt brand, this hotel is especially classy and a good fit for young and established professional who wants the best of both worlds. Their card keys are pretty cool - very hip.

Room Tip: I didnt use Valet parking which is too high, but there are plenty parking within a block or less for...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Andaz San Diego? Share your experiences!